Monday, June 1, 2009

Elise Allen Artwork


My great friend Elise Allen is an amazing artist, so when she agreed to let me feature her art on my blog I was so excited! Pictured below is a collection of her pieces. I hope you enjoy them!

Kings Crown
16x20


Queens Crown
16x20

Double Crown
16x20

Whether creating delicious meals, designing her own line of stationery or returning to her lifelong passion of painting, Elise Allen brings an effortless sense of style, love of color and air of whimsy to everything she does.

Most Recently, Elise has created textural, multi-layered works of acrylic on canvas that are sometimes geometric, sometimes playful and always something you want to hang on your wall. Her studio is lined with canvases which will soon be hung on the walls in her new gallery in the Warehouse District in New Orleans.



Fish in Motion
24x48


Ooh La La I
24x30


Ooh La La II
24x30


Geometric Squares
15x15


Night Madness
18x24


Parallel Dreams
26x36

36x48

Summer Breeze
36x36


New Orleans Living
22x28

Misty Rain
22x28

Twister
36x12

Mini Twister
6x12

Uno Twister 1
30 x 30

Uno Twister 2
30 x 30

Beneath the Sea
36x48

Beach House
20x30

4 Squares
22x26

Sea Foam
36x48

Dragonfly over Water
8x10

Three Dragonflies
20x24

Bee Calm
12x15


Bzzz
16x20

Turquoise and Red Bee
14x18


Regal Bee
16x12

Stuck in Stone


Yellow and Red Bee
9x11


Preppy Bee
16x20


Bunny
20x30


Coral Crown
12x16


Eggs
22x28


Apples


Pear
9x12


This coral picture is a pair.
22x28


Floral Still Life
24x36

Peonies
11x14

These peonies are my absolute favorites (and my moms).

Cow

No Next Painting for brain cancer research. For more information go to nonext.org

Please email clmw.cole@gmail.com with any and all inquiries!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I LOOOOOOOVE ELISE"S WORK!! She is soooo talented! I wish I could buy all of them !!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I love Beach House! Congrats on the amazing blog, love reading it!

ronald said...

Everyone has done an amazing job with your blog, I'm totally impressed!
There are a number of really interesting posts and you should be proud. I am!

Anonymous said...

Elise Allen is an amazing talent. I am totally blown away by her paintigs, they reflect serenity, joy and humor.
Ingrid Tippit

gia said...

i am speechless! i can't decide if my favorite is the bees or the peonies, BRAVO CHIA!

Anonymous said...

She is a great talent!!!! Skip

Anonymous said...

WOW! These took my breath away! I can not decide which one I want. Keep up the amazing work...

Anonymous said...

I love Elise's use of color, the variety of abstract expression and her whimsical side, especially the bee paintings. Great work! I can't wait to see more...

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I just got around to reading this.... I absolutel LOVE Elsie's work. She is an amazing artist. I really love her subjects, the teaxture and colours. WOW. Thanks for letting us know about her.

Val

Anonymous said...

I love your designs you use in your artwork!
My favorite is the coral piece-Sarah Sweeney

Cristin said...

Would love to highlight Elise's work on my blog if she is up for it. Love those bees!

xo,
cristin

chrisie concannon said...

Elise Allen's art carries a resonating sense of the rich hues and vitality of old New Orleans. I love the floral still life, the crown paintings (New Orleans historic Mardi Gras), and the bees, which are shimmering and exquisite. Good luck with the exhibit show on November 14th!

Struggler said...

Mmm, how does the expression go - "You had me at dragonfly" ? :)

Karena said...

Wonderfully unique works of art!! My daughter would love, love the bees!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!