Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nail Head Extravaganza



One of our favorite design elements is nail heads. Having nail heads used on furniture is fun but I absolutely love when they are used on walls or doors. They just give such a sophisticated and tailored look to any room. When nail heads are used on furniture, they give a finished look, like a trim but metal. Nail heads come in many different shapes and sizes. They also come in many different finishes from polished to distressed. They look great paired with leather or fabric and can always be incorporated into a room.


Miles Redd has a theatrical background, which can be seen in this interiors that featuring zebra nail headed doors. Wow! Thank you to New York Social Diaries for the images.





Love these green lacquered nail headed doors in his second apartment.

Oly is known for its nail headed furniture. The following pieces are stunning!












Barclay Butera is another designer that makes great use of nail heads on his furniture designs.



Suzanne Kasler's furniture line for Hickory Chair uses a palate of grays and white linens with beautiful nail heads.






Love the comfy, relaxed feel of this nail head, linen wing chair. Thank you to COTE DE TEXAS for the image!


What a great idea for a mantle! This is grass cloth wallpaper with nail heads-Madagascar by Phillip Jeffries and the family room is designed by Robert Stilin featured in House Beautiful and gives a very innovative and sophisticated look!


Jeffery Bilhuber nail head walls.
John Saladino is the master of the relaxed linen with nail heads look. This sofa would look great in any living room and is so unique!
Bobo...how intriguing!

I absolutely adore this embossed croc nail headed waste paper basket from Dransfield and Ross! I'll take one please!
Lacquered Cabinet from Bungalow5 that would great in a bedroom beside a bed, or in a living room!

Where do you like seeing or using Nail heads?

*Images compliments of New York Social Diary, COTE DE TEXAS, John Saladino, Suzanne Kasler, Barclay Butera, Oly, House Beautiful, Bungalow5 and Dransfield and Ross.


12 comments:

The Consummate Hostess said...

Love it! Thanks for the inspiration and I love all of your images.

Molly Jean said...

huge nail head fan so i LOVE this post!!! thanks for sharing!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Love this post. Thanks...

Val

Alicia said...

Nailhead works anytime anyplace, in my opinion. I've actually just convinced my parents to do a nail detail on their new linen cornice boards for the lving room. Aged brass. Its going to be fabulous!!!
I love all the images you bestowed us with...especially Suzanne & Miles... as I say. Gratitudes for the views. :)

Erin said...

Fantastic post!! I never even thought about or noticed nailheads on walls or doors. But I love it!

Kristin said...

I'm sorry. I can't get past that lacquered cabinet. I'm in love.

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

OMG, I absolutely adore this post! I am crazy about nail head trim. The fireplace idea is so wonderful and innovative. I can't believe I have never seen that before. I kind of want to try it!

Alaina Kaczmarski said...

Wow. Am now obsessing over the grey Suzanne Kasler bed! Are all of her pieces custom order? Love nail heads. Beautiful post.

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

Okay, I am back. Do you remember where you found the picture of the mantle? I think I would really like to attempt this. palomascontreras@hotmail.com

LindsB said...

Too funny, I have a post almost exactly like this that I had ready to post this week...guess I'll do it next week sometime :)

Great minds thing alike!

Laura Holland said...

Thanks for including Suzanne Kasler's pieces from Hickory Chair! They are really beautiful in person! Suzanne loves couture-like details like spacing the nails over grosgrain ribbon along with eliminating the welt. We love the way designers ask us to personalize pieces just for their room with amazing details like nail head trim!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to do order a white leather couch with nail heads on the traditional arm and the sales people are trying to talk me out of it...they say it won't be a proper mix of 'modern' and 'traditional'. Help!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!