Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Planters Galore

Over the weekend, I ventured up to Essex, CT to view the Potted Garden Tour. They had a self guided potted tour along the quaint main Street. The tour featured professionally designed planted containers of all types that graced patios, gazebos, storefronts and courtyards. It was such an beautiful day and being able to walk by the stores and personal homes with the manicured gardens was such a treat! I was going to go by myself but my husband surprised me and took me up there. He walked around patiently with me while I snapped pictures of the urns and he even took me to lunch! It is so beautiful up there, who could resist?

Beautiful hydrangeas in full bloom
Cute little pansies, popping their heads out of the foliage.
stately urn
Sedum tea pot. amazing how they cling on and grow
Boxwood in an antique cast iron planter
How fun are these sedum in the shape of a shoe?
Foxglove in a planter? Beautiful. Foxglove is always one of my favorites

How sweet is this urn with its pastel colors?
Peonies in a wheel barrow
Hot pink geraniums, always a hit!
Spectacular 1820 of campana form carved white marble urns with the lovely green base. love,love these

I loved these white containers with the white flowers contrasting against the dark soil. They would really be a beautiful addition to any side table or used as a decoration in a foyer or on an outside patio. These containers were also used in the New York 2009 Kips Bay Design Show House.



This boxwood exemplifies grace and symmetry with the simple lines of the planter and its gray washed finish.








Adding a planter or planters will make your space look more sophisticated and finished. These planters with the detailing on the side add character and style wherever you put them. Adding different sizes and colors is another way of adding a pleasing visual aspect to the space.




I absolutely love these lime oak pickled planters. They look really cute, especially with the claw feet. So Cute!













All of theses planters would look spectacular in a garden or accenting the front of a house, porch, or stairway. They can even work every well in side the home as well. Holding fig trees, ferns, coral and shells. They can give height, color and accent to a room.

*Images compliments of JardenenFleur.com, bobointriguingobjects.com, Barbara Israel Gardens, Bunny Williams "Treillage" Store, Mecox Gardens, OneKingsLane.com, Elements Garden.

1 comments:

Grant K. Gibson said...

I love your blog!
What fun.
I can't wait to read more over the weekend.
These planters are all out of this world!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!