Monday, July 27, 2009

MMR Interiors

On my trip down to New Orleans in April to visit my daughter, I gathered a collection of interior designers I wanted to check out while I was down there.  One of these designers is the extremely talented design firm MMR Interiors

Located at 3806 Magazine Street, New Orleans Melissa Rufty's design firm provides design services to a wide range of clientele.  What drew me to Melissa's work was her unexpected mixing of materials and fabrics.  Melissa uses a balance of  modern and traditional designs and her final interiors always look amazing. Graduating from Tulane University, she has gained inspiration from everything New Orleans, but has transformed the traditional into chic style to keep it fresh, fun and young.  Below are some of my favorite interiors of Melissa's.  

These twin beds are spectacular.  The height of the room really makes a grand statement paired with the bed coronas and drapes.  

Love this material for the Roman Shades.
I love the animal print upholstery on these chairs.  

I love the pink headboards with the Manuel Canovas wallpaper!

This settee is to die for! Love the color of the fabric by Ashley Hicks and the furniture with the matching wallpaper and drapes.  The color combination of orange and pink is so chic!  

This is my favorite interior; with the patent leather bench and Ikat pillows along with the antique sconce on the pink damask wallpaper.

*Images compliments of MMR Design

11 comments:

Haven and Home said...

All the bed pictures are divine. The roman shades are so cute!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow beautiful. So happy I found your blog. I can't wait to catch up and read all your old posts!

K @ Blog Goggles said...

These spaces are gorgeous! Love the orange and pink wallpaper.

Vitania said...

What a beautiful gallery of images from a talented design firm. I will have to check them out - I love to explore designers I am not familiar with..

Thanks very much
Vitania

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

I love Melissa's work! It is Southern elegance with a modern edge.

lizawiza said...

I like the bedroom with the pink headboards the best.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Oooooh. I likey. I likey!! Great group of images!

Alicia said...

Lovely & fresh. I'm mad for the mirror in the dining room!!! Melissa oftens refers to her mother as her main inspiration but I still see her whimsy & youth, especially in that sexy patent leather bench. Thank God for the high ceiling in the old homes of NOLA. They make verything grander.

The Consummate Hostess said...

Just lovely. New Orleans is probably my favorite city in the states, it is where I met my husband! Great post.

Design Esquire said...

I really like the kitchen.

Pink Wallpaper said...

beautiful images!! i cannot believe that white room i posted on my blog was done by you! it is just perfection!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!