Monday, August 10, 2009

An interior by ColeDesign

Here are some pictures of a house I decorated in Darien, CT and wanted to share them with you! The house was contemporary, with views of the water. It had a very large living area that opened to a gourmet kitchen with beautiful granite counter tops and cherry cabinetry. There was also a large family room with a full fireplace and bar area that I wanted to make sophisticated yet fun. All of the upholstery was slip covered in white linen fabric. The whole project was exciting and my client was really great to work with!

The living room was very large so I had 3 groupings of furniture, one sofa and set of chairs in front of the fireplace, one settee near the bank of french doors and a dining area.
The wall color is a sea foam green that I thought would work well with the vibrant orange and would look pretty in the room with accents of white coral and white slip covers.


This is the master bed room, and has french doors that open onto a deck.
I used accents of turquoise with soft blues again the soft green wall color. There are sisal rugs through the project that gave a neutral background to the fun colors used in the project.


A close up shot of the bar area that connects with the downstairs family room.



This horse head is my favorite piece!

*Interior designed by ColeDesign
*Images compliments of Chic Coles

13 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE that bedroom!! Besides the color (which is obvious I would love), how fab to have those huge french doors that open to a deck?! The living room area is great too. What a lovely home! Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh you are good! I bet the place is beautiful. I used to live down there and my boyfriends parents still do. Driving by all those gorgeous homes is one of my favorite things to do.

Be sure to check out Julie & Julia when you can. It's awesome!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Absolutely beautiful. Very chic and sophisticated too. I love the symmetry of the lamps at either side of the sofas, the greens and oranage accent pillows are fabulous and I always like to use the drum side tables (garden seats)... great job.

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

An all-around wonderful job! Perfect for a home near the water. I especially love all the lamps, and the fabulous choice of pillows! Congrats!

Mimi said...

Very nice work..I especially like the living room and the bedroom. Great color palette..
Thanks for stopping by..

Cassandra C said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

It looks amazing! The bedroom and bath are gorgeous! The pillow arrangement on the bed is fabulous.

Thanks for sharing! _ Great photos too!

Torie Jayne said...

So graceful and beautiful, i love the orange accents and the green cushions.x

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I love all of the mixes of white and colors. so well done! Congratulations, it is beautiful.

pink-to-green said...

Absolutely beautiful; I love the pops of color you used. Great job, would love to see more!

lizawiza said...

I really like the gold end tables. They really stand out and look very glamorous.

Kelly 'Knoth' Christensen said...

Love the colors you used throughout the house...very peaceful! Great job!

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

Great job! I love the way you accessorized everything.

LindsB said...

Stunning!! I love the KWID pillows and the gold chinese stools :)

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!