Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Monstera Leaves

The Monstera plant comes from Tropical Central and South America. They are very popular indoor plants and look great decorated in interiors. A cocktail table graced with a single Monstera leaf is so chic. It adds a layer of cool crisp, glossy green to an interior and is definitely a stand alone piece. I first became obsessed with Monstera leaves when I saw it used in a boutique in a living room setting. Below is a collection of pictures that display these very large leaves.

From the August 2009 Martha Stewart Living- Monstera leaves on a cocktail table becomes the center of the room.

Monstera leaf quilt- for quilting instructions visit Martha Stewart
Monstera leaf rug from tikimaster.com which would look really fun in a beach house

Two Monstera Leaf pillows from Ankasa and come in the brown/white and green/yellowy colorways
Monstera leaf pillow by mintpillows.com

*Images compliments of Ankasa, Martha Stewart, Dovecote Westport, mint pillows and tikimaster.com, The Knot

8 comments:

Alaina Kaczmarski (Live Creating Yourself) said...

The teal and white quilt from Martha Stewart Living is stunning. I can see it folded at the foot of a bed in an otherwise all-white bedroom. Maybe a perfect guest room?

Haven and Home said...

This is something I have never paid much attention to but now I think I need a plant! The leaves are big enough to make great statements with relative ease.

annechovie said...

I love the tropical look of these!

Lindsey Conrad - Nabors said...

I LOVE Monstera leaves!! I have used them myself for an accent! My fav was how they were used at the wedding reception!! Fabulous, unique idea!!!

lizawiza said...

Thanks for naming that leaf for me! I've seen it everywhere too, and wondered what it was. I love the place mats! That is so cool!

pink-to-green said...

I was delighted to see this post; you seemingly read my mind! I was looking through my saved images and realized what a "thing" I must have for those leaves and couldn't figure out what kind they are. They are beutiful in all of their interpretations, particularly as a statement in a vase! Lovely photos!

The Matters of Style Girls said...

So that's what those leaves are called! Good to know. Great post.

Alicia said...

Love, love, love, especially using them as placemats. I actually hot glued them down once to a cheap turquoise table cloth in a random scattered pattern. They held up like a dream & look tropical & dramatic.
Wonderful images & finds. Gratitudes.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!