Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mother Daughter Design Team-Robyn Karp Interior Design

Robyn and Sara Karp are a mother-daughter interior design team based out of Manhattan, NY.  Their interiors are simply stunning and feature light blues and whites with some accents of browns.  Their designs have very clean lines and often incorporate geometric patterns, which can be seen in the rug and fabric patterns that they use.  The other major attraction about Robyn Karp Interiors was that they are a mother-daughter partnership...obviously something we are drawn to since we too are a mother-daughter team.  The great thing about working in this type of atmosphere is that there is a wider scope of clientele generated.  This comes from the traditional, sophisticated feel shown by the mother, while the daughter has more of a young, hip feel, both coming together to make sure the client is getting exactly what he or she wants! Below is a preview of our favorite designs done by the mother-daughter duo at Robyn Karp Interiors:


This bathroom is my favorite of all time! It is absolutely Stunning!
Love the Bobo chandelier and the wing chairs look like they have embroidery on them...very cool!
The drapes in this room works so well with the blue fabric on the pillows! I HAVE to have that fluffy pouf!

(There's that Pouf again...)

Louis Ghost Chair looks great in this room with the fun wallpaper framed on the wall

I would love to have this as little girls room...and the pouf, again






This striped rug is so cool and really makes the room!

This aqua/turquoise lamp is just to die for! I would love to have this in a beach house overlooking the same colored water!

The seating arrangement around the ottoman is great, along with the beams on the ceiling.

Does anyone else know of any other mother daughter businesses?

*Images compliments of Robyn Karp Interior Designs, One Kings Lane

19 comments:

Sweet Nothings said...

I am DYING for all of these rooms! They are getting saved into the decor files as we speak!

Alaina Kaczmarski (Live Creating Yourself) said...

I see we posted one of the same pics today! I love that West Elm desk. I keep thinking about whether I should just get it. These designers use it all the time.

Julie said...

Very subtle and delicate.


I gave your unique blog an award ladies.

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

I especially love their window treatments - just divine!

Emily said...

I LOVE the little girl's room! I hope I will need to change our guest room to that one day :)

Kelly 'Knoth' Christensen said...

I really adore the dining room with the white leather chairs and white fabric chandelier....it looks so cheery! I wish my mom wanted to start a design firm with me. :)

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I love their style... very chic, clean lines and then a pop of colour with the bold geometric patterns and a little playful with the fur! Divine.

Alaina Kaczmarski (Live Creating Yourself) said...

Oooo where does one find a fluffy poof as seen in the blue bedroom?? I love it also!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

I need that poof too!! All the colors are so fresh and soothing for the soul. Fantastic work.

Anonymous said...

So Beautiful! Now where can I get the fur pouf?
Amanda Talley

Brayton Homestead Interiors said...

oh, fantastic photos, I agree mother daughter teams are great! Love the poofs, I want the girls room! Thanks for sharing, love your blog...
Karen

Kristin said...

Dying over that gorgeous bathroom floor!

Splendid Willow said...

Congratulations on the must read-award (Belle Vivir). That is how I discovered you! (Lovely blog!) I am looking forward to sharing design ideas & thoughts with you!

Design Esquire said...

Oh my goodness, these women are talented!

LindsB said...

While all of those rooms are to die for, I love that they are a mother daughter team even more- what a fun job to have!

Porchlight Interiors said...

Don't know of too many mother daughter teams, but my sister and I are in business together and it works very well.
Love your images

Millie said...

Great style here! My first reaction was their relaxed, fun interiors, nothing tricky or over-stylized. I reckon these 2 girls really listen to what their client brief is, it's just reflected in their work. A lovely post.
Millie ^_^

Anonymous said...

good bones, great pieces is a great mother-daughter design blog! http://www.goodbonesgreatpieces.com/blog

rkarp0527 said...

The pouf is from Dovecote in Greenwich, CT. Thanks for all your lovely comments.
Robyn

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!