Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oomph


OOMPH is an exciting new company featuring a furniture and pillow line that we scouted out at the Gift Show in New York City.We were at the pier looking for whats new at the show. We walked by a few favorites and then came to a colorful fun new line. We started to talk and low and behold these girls were from New Canaan Ct. The town right next to ours. Local girls and local company. How excited were we! So we started right in. We have a blog and would love to do a post on you. Well it turns out that the company was started by Louise Brooks from the architect firm based out of New Canaan, Connecticut, called Brooks and Falotico. I was so excited because Louis Brooks is one of my all time favorite architects and I had been telling Melissa all about her and how we just had to do a post on her. So now she has this wonderful new furniture and pillow line that compliments her interiors. Now we have two reasons to have a post about her. The first is this furniture and tomorrow we will post on her amazing architecture.

This new line is custom made in Connecticut and all designs are named after towns and cities in Ct. (I love the Fairfield Coffee Table). They say you can "change up a room with just a few of their furniture pieces and pillows without changing wall colors, drapes or other design elements. The line's style is fun and clean. The products are very geometric, colorful and they use great accents on their pieces. Navy and orange ultra suede can be found on pillow borders and raffle grass cloth on their table tops. Their colors are so beautiful with their lacquer finishes.



I love these quatrefoil tables!


This parsons slipper chair is the first of their upholstery line. It is so versatile and can be used anywhere. It is even comfortable for a man to sit in.



The borders on these pillows are beautiful and adds such a nice design element.



Custom colors, finishes and shapes can be made to anyones specifications.





These are the colors that can be used on the custom colored furniture.
*Images compliments of Oomph, Good Bones and Great Pieces

12 comments:

Style Redux 2 said...

Great find-love it all. You had me at all the lacquer finishes. Thanks!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Thanks so much for the great source. I couldn't make it up to the gift show so I am excited to learn about this new vendor!

Erin said...

Look at all the gems! Love all those colors!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Oh yes, Claudia from The Paris Apartment had posted a picture of this booth recently. How do you not love all of it? The colors, the shapes are traditional and modern at the same time. Love it all.
Fabulous Finds Gal
HowDoesAStoreBecomeSuccessful?">

highglossblue.blogspot said...

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge of this sourced called Oomph. Could they have chosen a more perfect moniker! Maybe I'll have to order one of those tables in high gloss blue, but that gold linen pillow is to die for, choices, choices ;-) ...and I learned a new word today "quatrefoil"!

Padgett Hoke said...

I had no idea those tables were called quatrefoil, I love learning new things! I love these, the are sophisticated yet fun. Anything with the linen and a fun color would look so very fab!

As for choosing a pillow, thats a tough decision! It took me forever to choose! Well, I would say if you have a fairly neutral palette already, go for the pink. However if you have lots of bright colors, then stick with au' natural!

Good luck, let me know what you decide!

Design Wanna-be said...

Really cute stuff and it totally looks like your style.

Kristin said...

I love anything with a quatrefoil design, though I don't have anything that does. LOVING those tables!

Matters of Style said...

We have been seeing lots of press about Oomph and just LOVE their amazing line, especially those darling tables!

The Goods Design said...

LOVE the quatrefoil table so much I'm going to recommend it to a client this week! I'm betting she'll love it! Thanks for the GORGEOUS inspiration!

Louise Brooks said...

Chic Coles,
I want you to know how flattered I am at the wonderful coverage you gave to OOMPH and to my architectural firm Brooks & Falotico. It is gratifying to be recognized by a tasteful blog such as yours.

Louise Brooks

alamodeMaven said...

Thought you might like this 'oomph' esque table (tini table) that I found at homegoods this weekend.....for those of us on a budget but LOVE THE LOOK! Great blog by the way!! xoxo Shelli
http://alamodemaven.blogspot.com/2011/03/lotus-bleu-and-side-table-for-you.html

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!