Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Barclay Fryery

Barclay Fryery and his masculine design is such a strong appeal to me. The tailored edges of Masculine Design with a historical pull have always attracted me. Ok so now that I have named this masculine design is there such a thing? It is almost a way of looking into the minds of the other side; how men think and design is so wonderful. You can see the wonderful masculine feel to these images by one of my favorite designers from my Greenwich Connecticut days of working at Lillian August on Elm Street in Greenwich. One of our wonderful design clients was Barclay Fryery. He adds such wonderful style and flare to his interiors. He has a unique ability to complement architectural features with tasteful furnishings.

Love the black walls. Elk antlers, navy headboard and black lamp shades and cool upholstered ceiling.
I love the black walls with the white curtains and chrome hardware. The white chaise lounge just pops with the garden stool and the warm oriental rug.

The red color for the guest room walls with the crystal stacking lamp is so beautiful.


I love the black lacquered wall in this room, it is just so chic and masculine!


The architectural print with the black urns and the beige wall color work together by giving it that tailored edge to the design.
This is one of my favorite images. The wing chair and side chair in deep pink look wonderful against the white walls and black flooring. The black cornice board with the gold banding is perfect. The black french regency desk with the urn lamps and black shades pull the room together.
*Images compliments of Barclay Fryery

12 comments:

Erin said...

That first image is gorgeous!!! Love the black with the blue. Way cool!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Oh love it all. I am always a fan of strong use of color. Thanks for sharing!

pk said...

That second photo looks like a relaxing place to be! Love the contrast of the white with the dark walls.

pk @ room remix

LindsB said...

Love the black walls, i want to do black so bad! And the James Dean picture, lovely pictures.

Style Redux 2 said...

I love it all, especially the use of black. I really like the second photo with the black walls, white chaise, and Chinese garden stool.

Grant K. Gibson said...

HOLY COW (other words flew out of my mouth!)
I am floored. I love it. I love it!
I can't wait to find more of him. I want to be him.
I am in love. SO beautiful!

Grant K. Gibson said...

Where can I find more?
Does he have a website?

Yansy said...

I just love his work! That first picture is amazing and boy I'm craving black walls.

Kelsey B. said...

this is gorgeous and I LOVE Lillian August in CT!

carlee said...

Stunning rooms!!! Love the black walls!

Haven and Home said...

Wow, gorgeous work! I love masculine too!

Emily said...

I love that red room! Not sure I could even handle it but with the white it's striking!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!