Friday, September 18, 2009

Combining Pillow Fabrics

Combining pillow fabrics can be very difficult, but it gives a room added depth and interest. When you combine stripes, geometrics, florals and solids, the effect can be stunning. It gives the room a look of a collection over time. One decorating rule is that (if there is such a thing as decorating rules), is three colors to a room. Also the patterns and grouping of fabrics will all work together if one cohesive color is represented in all the patters and solids. It will pull the look together. Enjoy the menagerie of colors!

I love this room by Tobi Fairley. The colors just work so well together and the zebra pillows are my favorite.

















These last four pictures are from Tobi Fairley as well. She does such stunning work!



*Images compliments of HB Home, Sea Cloth, Tobi Fairley, Miles Redd, Johnathan Adler.

15 comments:

Laura Casey Interiors said...

What fun pictures. I love different combinations of pillows colors and textures. Have a great weekend!

Erin said...

I love the look of mixing colors and patterns...it really does make a big difference, definitely more depth and interest. These images are great examples! Fab post, again!

Deliciously Organized said...

Beautiful pillows! Have a great weekend!

Elise said...

Beautiful, thank you

Design Esquire said...

Great images - I love the second to last one. I'm playing around with the pillows in my living room, so this post was perfect for me! Have a great weekend!

Alaina Kaczmarski (Live Creating Yourself) said...

What fun rooms! I don't know about any of you, but my eyes are immediately drawn to the lamps. Look at how fun all those lamps are! The colors and shapes - it's amazing the selection that's out there. They can add so much to a room.

Nicolette said...

Great looking collection, Chic Coles. What I really like is the cleanliness and the balance of the different colors. Really beautiful design.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

Millie said...

Adorable post! Can't imagine a chair without beautiful cushions to plump up behind your back. Your images are fab.
Millie ^_^

Julie said...

So beautiful images. Thank you so much for posting them. I love that last picture especially.

Vitania said...

I need new pillows..badly..I am on my 3rd set.. This might help me..

I can't get over those Jade lamps in that first photo... lovem

LindsB said...

I wish I was better at this, I love so many colors its hard to pick just a few for pillows.

Haven and Home said...

Mixing pillows is a must!

Style Redux 2 said...

I love pillows-a great roundup!

Blueprint Bliss said...

Great post. Love all of these images!

ghost chair said...

mixing fabric types is, I think, more vital than mixing patterns. a microfiber plus something in a woven fabric plus another pillow with a silky feel... yes!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!