Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cozy Days Ahead

The full moon has come and gone and the fires are starting to burn. What a beautiful long weekend! I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day. When I saw this awesome stack of wood in Canadian House and Home (view the entire spread here) I immediately thought about fall and cozy libraries to sit in front of the fire, reading a book. The only problem I have with all this, is that Melissa is still in the heat of New Orleans. I know she has been thinking about fall, sweaters and riding boots. Melissa loves to ride and this wonderful bedroom with its plaid bedding, reminds me of a beautiful day riding with the hunt. Hope you all are getting ready for fall!










*Images compliments of Carrier and Company, Elle Decor, Canadian House and Home, and Badgley Mischka, Millbrook Hunt

12 comments:

Style Redux 2 said...

Great photos. I love fall and especially fall clothes.

Haven and Home said...

Oh I am ready!!!!

Mimi said...

Gorgeous fireplace! Always loved that light fixture too...Wow! Where has the time gone? This year just flew right by.
Back to the stables already..My daughter loves to ride too:) Always makes me so happy to watch her..

Grant K. Gibson said...

I just found Canadian House and Home and I am in love with it!

Emily said...

I am so ready to cozy up next to a fire in a big chair with a book. Well, maybe tons of magazines but your pictures have me ready for the chilly air!

JMW said...

Are the Badley Mischka pics from their house in Lexington? Love that place! Also, the fireplace in the first photo is fabulous!

Cassandra C said...

SO BIZARRE! As you all on the East Coast are gearing up for the wonderful seasons of fall and winter, we here in San Francisco are pulling out our summer clothes and getting ready for warm weather!

Yansy said...

I love every single pic! I'm ready for fall now.

LindsB said...

So excited for fall- I love everything H&H does- they have great inspiration

Lisa Murphy said...

So glad you enjoyed the fireplace shot! Feel free to hyperlink to the entire gallery at Houseandhome.com (2009 Junior League Showhouse on our galleries page) Thanks so much!

Alaina Kaczmarski (Live Creating Yourself) said...

love equestrian chic... those homes are so cozy and beautiful

Design Wanna-be said...

I can't wait for fall! It's finally started getting cool in the mornings--here it comes!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!