Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kips Bay Orange

I went to Kips Bay this spring and there was a definite trend with the color orange. Some of these images we saved for a fall post. Orange is a color that can be used year round, but there are some really wonderful oranges that nature produces in the fall. These colors include those from pumpkins, gourds and the amazing riot of fall leaves. Some of the orange accents used in these images are of crisp white cool rooms. The other images are of warmer cozy rooms. The color orange can be used in many different interiors and can be seen in clothing as well. The great Hermes blouse in orange with a pair of white jeans or the beige trench with a beautiful orange cashmere sweater and navy slacks.








Paula and Martha Tribute to Kips BayGarrow Kedigian Kips Bay beautiful orange lacquered walls and Greek key motif.
Sitting room and center hall by Joe Nye. Walls are in orange grass cloth.

Panic room with disco ball by William T Georgis
* Images compliments of Newsday.com photographed by Charles Eckhart, Martha Angus, HB Home

11 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh so happy to be back in action. Great post. Orange is one of my favorite colors so this was amazing eye candy for me!

I just got super excited this morning when I opened a new mag and saw that essie even has a new orange shade nailpolish!!

Yansy said...

I love Orange, specially Hermes orange. I just designed and entryway after the infamous Hermes box and birkin bag.

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

One of my all-time faves! I love everything orange embodies.

Erin said...

Love all these images! I've never been a huge fan of orange, but lately have been starting to like it more. So funny you did this post today because I'm going to do a post on orange/turquoise tomorrow!

Things That Inspire said...

I had an orange dining room for 10 years - then, last fall, I painted it - just proves that I live my life outside the trends!

I posted a real estate listing in Atlanta, and it had the most gorgeous orange room, inspired by 70s Hermes - http://lh4.ggpht.com/_hUw_VQ5l9r0/SoQj5PTvq9I/AAAAAAAAFCw/66u64hGqTJE/s1600-h/3925711_3[3].jpg

Love this room - and I am loving orange too!

Kelsey B. said...

Don't forget Tory Burch! One of the best "orange" fans ever!

Style Redux 2 said...

I think many of us are seeing orange in a whole new light.

Grant K. Gibson said...

I love orange. It is such a happy color and it is perfect for men and women!

Julie said...

Orange is such a happy color. Especially if its an orange box...

The Consummate Hostess said...

Great post and use of this fabulous color!

Caitlin said...

I totally agree with you. I've never really considered orange as one of my favorite colors, but I'm working with in a room I'm doing right now and I have totally fallen in love.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!