Friday, September 25, 2009

Pull up a Chair

Pull up a chair is a collection of wonderful and cozy wing chairs. These chairs are great for snuggling up with a great book. They also work really well in spaces with tight floor plans. They do not have the width or the depth of a club chair. They also ad great height and style to an interior. They can be used in a living room, den, and bedroom. We have chosen a collection of images that mainly use solid material on the wing chairs.

Last fall, I had a staging job in Darien and needed some traditional furniture. When I need something I usually make the rounds to all the wonderful resources in the area. One of these is Braswell's auction house. They has a warehouse full of traditional furniture. Bingo! I was so happy! I lined up my moving company and away we went to go and stage to sell the traditional house project in Darien. I had purchased two wing chairs in a traditional navy fabric. The furniture had come from New York City. The Pierre Hotel was undergoing a complete top to bottom renovation and were giving the hotel a little more modern feel. They were auctioning the older furniture at Braswells. While there, I was giving the furniture a once-over, opening extra drawers and making sure everything was perfect. This is always a little habit of mine. Well, the furniture was from Henrendon, which I had been selling for years at Lillian August, so I knew the value. (side note: I had my first Eddie Ross sighting at Braswells! A girl never forgets!) I would love to slipcover the two chairs I bought like two images below. I was thinking just the cool white linen that I just purchased. But now I am thinking that I could also have them slip covered in an oatmeal linen too. Ok, Melissa and Cassandra, I know you are probably freaking out, and you both have some school bills to cover before I go and slipcover two different wing chairs in two different fabrics, four slipcovers may be a little bit much at the moment, but it is just a future dream. Hope you enjoy the images and have a cozy weekend!









15 comments:

LindsB said...

I cant wait to have a bigger house so I can get a fab pair of wing chairs like any of these!

Anne Marie said...

Lisa Porter told "us" to stop by and say hello....and anyone who graces her blog (as far as I'm concerned) is worthy to take note -

I, as we speak, am working on a slipcover for my wing back - and just can't seem to figure out what fabric to use ..... but thanks for the ideas!!

Vitania said...

Wow !! A Beautiful image Gallery.. I love them all- expecially how they bring sophistication to a room..

I didn't submit pic at All The Best - but you should post your submission.. good luck !!!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh lovely post. Rachel at Nest Egg posted an amazing wing chair yesterday. She had it slipcovered with a pleated skirt and it pools at the bottom just a tad. It was amazing!

Yansy said...

I love, love, love wing backs. I can't wait to have a pair of my own one day.

Padgett Hoke said...

I am dying for a wingback chair... my grandmother has one that I have had my eye on for a while... maybe just maybe it will be passed down to me. otherwise I need to go on a hunt to get one!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

Great hearing from everyone. Have a really good weekend. Going to check out Rachel's at Nest Egg.

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Love these! Thanks for providing us with so many to adore! Have a great weekend! xoxo Crystal

Donna said...

LOVE these....great examples of making a traditional item more modern and chic!!!

Cristin said...

Great post and collection of wing chairs. I see the SF mayor's got on the list! My favorite is the ash colored wing chair with nailhead detail. So stately.

xo,
cristin

Blueprint Bliss said...

Love so many of these. I have a pair of wing chairs (from Craig's List) that I had slipcovered and I love them.

Jenna said...

Im obesessed with Victoria Hagan Home. beautiful furniture yes! Great last chair too.

xo

Style Redux 2 said...

A great roundup as always. Have a wonderful weekend.

Julie said...

Beautiful images. I love the chairs in the picture before the last one.

eddieross said...

Next time, say hi! Great post! Love the round-up!

Eddie

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!