Thursday, October 1, 2009

What style is it: Consoles

This is a very large collection of console tables. As I was reading Color Me Happy Blog tonight and she was posting on her design trends. I can definitely see that I have "some" and not one. I seem to go from glamorous to country and switch back and forth a lot. I really do not have just one design trend that I am drawn to. This post and probably a lot of other ones we have put together will show this. I also seem to have a problem with the length of my posts. I start on an idea and it seems to grow into something much larger and longer than I could have ever planned. That is the great part about designing for me. I start with one idea and it just evolves from that. Ok back to consoles. They are just amazing pieces of furniture. Usually sleek and long. They hold table lamps in the middle of a room for ambienct light. They also are a must for foyers, because they do not take up much depth. Dining rooms of course can always use a console table as a side board. Consoles are just so wonderful with all the functions they can serve.

21 comments:

Michaela said...

I love your collection of console tables very much. And my favorite images are: 3,4,5 and 6!

Style Redux 2 said...

As always, a great job of looking at all the styles of this essential piece of furniture.

Maria Killam said...

Thanks for the mention!! And I love all those console tables you've shown! I'm just looking for one for one of my clients!

sarah @ realestatestyle said...

I'm with ya! Love console tables of all styles too. I think they work pretty much anywhere!

pk said...

i'm with you. I like a lot of different styles, which has helped me to be versatile with clients, but makes it torture trying to settle on something for myself! :-) Great post.

Struggler said...

Wow, love these, and I'm especially drawn to the pics with pairs of lamps.
Right now in my living room I have a bookcase where really there should be a console table. One day I'll fix that!!

Rebecca June said...

What a lovely grouping! You can bet I will be adding all of these to my inspiration file!

xoxo

Rebecca June

Sweet Nothings said...

ill take teh table with all the hermes boxes!

Design Esquire said...

Wow! I love this post. You did a great job of showing so many different style - I love it!

Donna said...

Great post...love to see how one piece can change the look of a room!

pink-to-green said...

This post was a perfect timing moment for me-- I've been looking for a console for our entryway and this provided much needed inspriation. Thank you!

The Matters of Style Girls said...

I love consoles because usually they don't have to serve a purpose or be functional like, say, a coffee table or an end table. You can just have fun with them and make them pretty! Great ideas.

Blair said...

Oh, wow! All fabulous console inspiration! Especially love the one with the beautiful ornate mirror and the perfect blue chair!

Julie said...

I like you love all of them. I think I am a complete eclectic person. I like from rustic to glamorous as long as they are beautiful and go well with the setting.

My Notting Hill said...

What a great collection of console tables. Am really loving the huge demilune table.

Yansy said...

I love all of the images specially the table on the first one.

LindsB said...

These are all pretty in their own way- lovely post as usual!!

A Life More Fabulous said...

Adore that natural pedestal base!

The Goods Design said...

Love those images - I'm saving most of them for inspiration images to show clients - so THANK YOU!!!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Great pics!! love this post!

pve design said...

woo, I feel light headed!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!