Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rustic meets Refined

There is something about a rustic look paired with a more contemporary refined look that really creates a unique look. Exposed ceiling beams with Moroccan Poufs and modern lighting are a great way to combine these two design elements. The look brings together a little bit of the country and a little bit of a hip city apartment. We have a house in the country in New Hampshire that has exposed beams and rustic style doors, however, we also have a more modern decorated house in Connecticut and it is always fun to bring the two styles together. Adding accessories like mercury lamps and trellis pillows help to modernize the house while preserving the country feel.

Do you have any designs in your home where rustic meets refined?













*Images compliment of: Darryl Carter, Elle Decor, From the Desk of Lola

15 comments:

Design Esquire said...

I love the last image! I really like this style, and I'm trying to incorporate more into my home.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

OBSESSED with the mirror in the last image...

Chic Provence said...

I too love the last image, and have long loved the "je ne sais quoi" of "rustic meets elegance"! Lovely post..Have a great Thanksgiving, you three!

Shelter said...

I love the first image, that window seat is striped window seat is such a great spot.

style chronicle said...

The rustic makes the refined so much more inviting and comfortable.

LindsB said...

That last image is delish, I love the sconces flanking the beautiful mirror, very hot!

Patricia Torres said...

each one so beautiful... and such lovely inspirations.

Southern Aspirations said...

Really like this style though I have none of it currently. One day we will finish the basement and I hope to incorporate it there!

Lavender and Lilies said...

I love that bathroom!

Style Redux 2 said...

Would not work at all in my house, but love the look for a country house. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Padgett Hoke said...

I LOVE the barnwood door and the exposed beams... the rustic/modern/refined look is a great thing! there is a ton of that floating around in the newer Jackson real estate market & it looks fantastic because Jackson is just that rustic but refined! Thank you for the bday wishes too! It makes my day so special!

Haven and Home said...

Rustic yet refined, my favorite! Beautiful images!

nestegg said...

"Rustic yet Refined" is music to my ears! How can you not like that wonderful combo?? Love these pictures. Thanks for sharing..
xoRH

ghost chair said...

More specifically, I adore crisp, clean minimalistic modern paired with rustic/natural/rugged. Don't have any personal examples to share, but I will someday!

The Horsey Set Style said...

I love all your images in this post. I was needing some rustic chic inspiration this morning. And your post was perfect! - BC

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!