Friday, December 4, 2009

Aqua and Silver

This is a color combination we would love to try for the Holidays. We have always had a more traditional color palate of greens and reds. Mercury glass is also a huge favorite of ours to decorate with. As a matter of fact we love mercury glass year round. So it is always fun to pull out even more for the holiday. We have some mercury balls so large they would pull down the whole tree. I think this may haven happened one year I got a little over zealous and tired to hang a few to large Christmas balls on the tree. Of course they were up pretty high on the tree. We have dog tail issues with our Christmas tree's that always have to be considered. Growing up I had a cat that loved to try to climb our tree and of course it always came down.


How cool is this?



Could have dog tail issues!
*This image compliments of Design Actually


*All other images compliments of Canadian House and Home

12 comments:

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

I love blue for Christmas. Much more "winter wonderland" than Santas and reindeer. Very magical, I think! Designer Sarah Richardson once decorated the entire first floor of a couple's townhouse for a Christmas party and used blue in lieu of red and green. It was gorgeous!

pk said...

pk @ Room Remix
Sigh... I've really been wanting this color scheme and you're not helping! :-) I love these images AND the color scheme. Have a good weekend!

Cristin said...

Love this color combo for the holidays! That mantel is so fun.

xo,
cristin

Erin said...

Such pretty pictures!!! My tree is turquoise, aqua and silver and I love it. Funny you mentioned your cat climbing the tree...mine does too. Not yet this year though, I think he realized he is too fat for this tree!

style chronicle said...

So fresh and fun! I love going "outside the box" with holiday decor.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

fun color combo and great photo finds!

Kristin said...

What gorgeous examples of that color combo. The third photo is really speaking to me!

Deliciously Organized said...

Such a beautiful color combo. Each each is gorgeous...the one with the dog might be my favorite though :)

Pink to Green said...

This is such a beautiful palate; it feels so festive without being cheesy!

Style Redux 2 said...

My dog likes to steal the ornaments off the tree.

Vanessa said...

I've recently thought of decorating in these tones. There just so elegant and timeless think blues, grays, silvers, and whites could go with just about any holiday or any season.
Love
Vanessa

Design Actually said...

Love this color combo sooo much! The mantel in the second photo is to die for!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!