Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Porcelain

With the holidays coming up, I start my yearly search for Nutcracker Christmas china for Christmas dinner. I have been lucky through the years to have scored a few finds at TJMaxx. I like to stay as close to the Nutcracker theme as possible in the pattern of china. Every year I walk by the Bernardaud showroom in NY and think that is what I would really like to have a full set of say a 12 person place setting. I then go into the store and the price point is still too high for a purchase like that at Christmas. The other pattern I would consider other than the Nutcracker would be the Tiffany Holiday. I just love the swirling bow design. It really does make a stunning Christmas table. There is another new Nutcracker pattern that I was surprised to see was from William Sonoma. It is a fun pattern that is a little more relaxed than the first two, but it would work to add to the whole Nutcracker theme I am trying to have.








*images compliments of:Tiffany, Bernardaud, William Sonoma

13 comments:

Betsy Head, Affordable Interior Design said...

So classic and beautiful for the holiday!

Betsy

Design Esquire said...

They are all so lovely!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I grew up in Stoke-on-Trent - also known as the Potteries. It's where Wedgwood, Royal Doulton and many more factories used to be. Unfortunately the factories are closing rapidly and a lot of my school friends are out of work! You can always tell someone from Stoke - the minute we sit down to dinner we always lift the plate to see where it was made. Force of habit. I do though love fine china and would really love to own a Christmas set.

Emily said...

I LOVE these! great idea to get some every year. A good way to start a collection.

sarah @ realestatestyle said...

I like the Williams Sonoma version

Cristin said...

Love Tiffany's!

xo,
cristin

Maria said...

I love that nutcracker tablescape....going to see the Nutcracker ballet is a part of my favorite Christmas traditions!

style chronicle said...

The Nutcracker theme is great! Gotta love T.J. Maxx!

LindsB said...

So classically chic- love the idea for a party

Blair said...

Tiffany's holiday china has long been one of my favorites--now if only it would magically find its way into my cupboard:)

Kristin said...

Nutcrackers just make me happy!

Style Redux 2 said...

I love the idea of Christmas china.

Deliciously Organized said...

Love the nutcracker! One of my favs. Wonderful picks.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!