Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hurricane Lamps

Hurricane lamps are another design element I am obsessed with. I have two of them on my bedside tables and on my mantle above my fireplace. I love filling them with sea glass and a candle, I think it really adds a lot of femininity and sophistication to a room. During the holiday season however, I love when hurricane lamps are filled with different colored christmas ornaments.















**Don't forget to enter the Holiday Giveaway #3 for a chance to win two Charmaine Hotard Design Necklaces!


*Images compliments of: Young House Love, My Notting Hill, Cote de Texas, ChicColes, My Design Secrets

12 comments:

Down and Out Chic said...

the mirror in that fourth shot if freaking fantastic. love it.

Design Esquire said...

I love this post! I have more hurricane lamps then I should (I really have a problem). They are so pretty and versatile though!

Erin said...

Oh yes, I too love them filled with colorful ornaments. So festive and pretty! That first image is one of my all-time favorites!

DoxaHome.com said...

Love the image of the mantle with the lilac roses, staged, but oh so pretty. So soft and fem;)

Best,
Jaime

Padgett Hoke said...

you are obsessed for good reason! they are so versatile and sophisticated! I agree with down and out chic - that mirror is amazing!

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Love these. You can always find a place for them, any time of year, in any room... doesn't get more practical than that! Great image selection. : )

Cheers,
Alaina

Porchlight Interiors said...

Great obsession to have I say! They look fabulous! Tracey xx

Lavender and Lilies said...

I love the ones that look like they are made out of recycled glass. I have been lusting over a set of those at my local Pottery Barn.

Deliciously Organized said...

I'm guilty of bringing home quite a few of these...love them!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I love all of them, they look fantastic. So easy to incorporate too.

style chronicle said...

Hurricanes are so classic and crisp in any setting!

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

Yours is a beautiful blog and I'll be sure to call now and then to see how you keep.
Warmest regards,
Simone

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!