Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jackson Hole mixes With Barbara Barry

When you step out of this Shaker inspired farm house in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, you step out into a natural wonderland. This is the land of the great outdoors where the views are as great as its mountains. What a relaxing house to celebrate the holidays in. The interiors are by Barbara Barry and the architect is Peter Block of Atlanta. The way to describe this house is pure and simple. The house functions as a retreat and respite from all of the great outdoor activities. I love the color palate Barry uses in the house. There are a lot of rich browns and cool blues. She has designed a lot of custom pieces for the house including the clean and masculine headboard in the master bedroom. The simple lines of the fire places in the house are so inviting in their simplicity...but it really is the view right?










*Images Compliments of:Barbara Barry, David Meredith, Peter Block, Veranda

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

Beautiful pics. Thanks for posting! For more decorating ideas come visit me at momsgotmanyhats.blogspot.com

Cristin said...

How funny - we must be on the same wavelength! I was going to post about this home too. Hmm. might have to rethink it :-)

But this home is lovely. So simple. The kitchen with the fireplace is my favorite!

xo,
cristin

Lavender and Lilies said...

how gorgeous!

Blair said...

Was so happy to see my hometown feautured in Veranda--especially when such a talented designer was involved!.

annechovie said...

Very elegant! Have a great weekend!

Kristin said...

Why are white kitchen cabinets torturing me everywhere?? Ahhhhhh. So gorgeous!

Lavender and Lilies said...

Hey ladies! You are one of my favorite bloggers this week at www.lavenderandlilies.com

Style Redux 2 said...

Have a great weekend!

Deliciously Organized said...

I would love to spend a weekend in that home! That view is incredible...

Emily said...

I'm dying over all the clean lines here. Love how simple yet cozy all the rooms are.

Padgett Hoke said...

I love the shout out to my hometown! how lovely - I have yet to be in this house, but if I get the opportunity to you can bet I will be one happy girl!

Susan M. Jamieson, ASID said...

Nice! I still love Barbara Barry and her wonderful design style.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!