Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beamed Ceilings

There is nothing better than walking into a home and seeing exposed beams on the ceiling.  Exposed beams are so beautiful and provide a very rustic and antique feel to a room without overpowering the rest of the design elements.  They can be combined with a more modern interior or become tied back into the rustic design.  Beams can be found in many different shapes and sizes as well as different woods and stains.  This element can be combined with a painted ceiling or with bare flat wood.  Both styles are shown below.  
Yesterday I visited Delight by Design and saw that Blair had done a post on a house that had the most beautiful beamed ceilings.


*images compliments of: House Beautiful, Hotel Lupaia, Delight by Design

9 comments:

Patricia Torres said...

Love these ceilings... They dont even look very high.. Amazes me that people give so much thought to their ceilings as well... wow!

Chic Geek said...

Oh my gosh I was planning on doing a post on exposed beams! My absolute fav. I love the pictures you chose!

Great post!
xoxo

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I really like the elegance of the last photo, it's quite Swedish.

I'm sure I read somewhere in a feng shui book that they are not recommended, especially in the bedroom.... has anyone else heard that?

Vanessa said...

they add so much character, I love them!

Lavender and Lilies said...

I agree! I love exposed beams!

Erin said...

I LOVE this look so much! These photos show exactly why!

Gwen Driscoll said...

I love the look of beams so much but I mostly love the smell of wood on the interior of a home. It's so unique and comforting. Beautiful pics.

Gwen Driscoll
Ragland Hill Social

Charlotta Ward said...

I am in love with the study with that amazing slanted glass wall (pic no 2)!!
Images no 4 and 5 are also fabulous - such soft harmony. Would love to spend time in those rooms!

xCharlotta

Kristin said...

Beamed ceilings can be so striking. I once used a beamed ceiling from Philip Webb's Red House as inspiration for a project. Found this pic of it on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/team-yankee-kiwi/3961442806/in/set-72157622395897779/

Good stuff!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!