Sunday, January 24, 2010

Convertible Shoes

I am a Kappa Kappa Gamma at Tulane University and for all of you ladies out there who have ever been a "sorority girl" you understand what recruitment entails...12+ hours of standing, talking, looking perfect.  This after two weekends can get extremely tiring and can take quite the toll on your toes!  After a few hours, I find myself becoming very aware about my feet and how uncomfortable my high heel shoes can be.  That is why I was so excited to learn about the convertible shoes that are flats (they feel like slippers) that can be folded up and stashed in a clutch or a pocket...in my case stashed somewhere in the Kappa house so I can do a little switcheroo at any time.  Spare Soles is one company that sells these convertible shoes for only $25-$30 dollars!  Here are some examples of my favorite pairs of these convertible shoes that I begin to long for the moment my feet start hurting.

Another company that sells these convertible shoes is Redfoot.  They are a European company but can be found and purchased online for 35 (euros).

15 comments:

Lavender and Lilies said...

Cute shoes!

xo, Alexi said...

really cool! i've never heard of those before. i'm not sure how practical the first pair would be, though, since it looks like it's got no sole.
http://www.blogger.com/steampunkdolls

pk @ Room Remix said...

I've not heard of these before, but it's an excellent idea!

Pink to Green said...

This is genius and oh so perfect for rush! I was a kappa too and just stumbled across an awesome jewelry designer that was inspired by our key; have you heard of www.gorjana.com she has beautiful stuff!

Kristin said...

Pretty in love with the silver. Perfect for travel too!

Emily said...

Clever, clever!!

Padgett Hoke said...

mmm, happy feet = happy me... love these!

Starfish and Sundresses said...

I totally need these for nights out in Georgetown when heels on cobblestones just aren't working anymore!

Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll said...

I so remember the sorority days. They are rough but you will recover. Precious shoes. Thanks for the source. Hope you have a great week.

Design Actually said...

Super cute, I've never seen those before!

Style Redux 2 said...

I need these! As Starfish and Sundresses alluded to, DC (Georgetown and Old Town) is full of brick and cobblestone and impossible in heels. These would be perfect to switch into.

Donna said...

Oh I love all these...especially the gold!

Haven and Home said...

These are a great idea. I was a KKG too!

Deliciously Organized said...

I've heard of these and wanted to try them for a while!

Ms. Bright said...

You know, I wish they'd been around when I was schlepping around the AGD house for Rush! GREAT idea, now I don't have to stash flip flops in my pocketbook!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!