Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Libraries in the Bedroom

For those of us who love reading in bed, getting comfy down in the covers, this is the perfect design element. How wonderful would it be to wake up in the morning surrounded with all of your treasured books readily available for your taking? Feast your eyes!! 
Our favorite aspects of these images are the swing arm lamps for the perfect reading light, the towers of books with bindings exposed to take you on the journey all over again. Also, including accessories from travels or simply around the corner, to add to the special element of the bookcases. 


*Images compliments of: David Easton, NY Social Diary, Miles Redd

14 comments:

annechovie said...

The ultimate in cozy! Hope that you're having a good week.

Patricia Torres said...

Oh my.. so lovely.. takes my breathe away.. I've been thinking of making a mini library as well.... and displaying all the books & magazines.. I've been collecting forever.. So thank you for the inspiration.. absolutely loved it!

DoxaHome.com said...

Love the idea, a "dream" come true. Preferably I would have books in every room!

Best,
Jaime

SogniSorrisi said...

I love that first photo. The gold against the dark walls...looks so comfy and cozy!

ashlina said...

i love the feeling of getting cozy in bed with a stack of books to read! lovely!

Kristin said...

OMG, those built ins in that last photo. You're killing me!

Emily said...

Love these! Great photos and I am totally wishing i had some built in bookcases to organize!

Lavender and Lilies said...

I love it!

Vanessa said...

I love a library ANYWHERE in the home! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheers,
Vanessa

www.vanessaandvalentine.blogspot.com

Design Wanna-be said...

I really like the idea of the swing arm lamps.

red ticking said...

what a terrific post and i am so happy to have found your blog...happy new year... x pam

Deliciously Organized said...

It's perfect! I love the swinging lamps too! Would make reading in bed so much easier!

Style Redux 2 said...

Love this look. But since I have a library/study in my home, I would have to buy books for the shelves. I would love to have all my design books in my bedroom.

The Goods Design said...

LOVELY!!!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!