Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mirror Vanity

Without trying to sound as if I am extremely conceded, I do have a habit of looking in the mirror whenever I walk by one on my way out the door.  I have to check and make sure my outfit looks okay and my make-up has not smudged.  Therefore, I find I unintentionally have a plethora of mirrors stationed around my house...three in my bedroom, one in the bathroom and one leaning up against a coffee table in my living room, next to the front door.  Although this may sound excessive, let me tell you, they are all necessary.  These mirrors serve a second purpose, a design element that is extremely attainable and easy to incorporate into your home.  I love when mirrors are leaned up against mantles or floor length mirrors leaned up against a wall.  These following pictures feature leaning mirrors on these two spaces and can be found in any room of the house.  Lean a large mirror against your  bathroom wall like Christopher Peacock does below, or in a bedroom against a large side wall.  Large leaning mirrors will help add height to a room that might otherwise need a little bit of stature.  Which ever way you decide to incorporate leaning mirrors in your home, it is sure to look good.  

This image is from our Hurricane Lamp post.

*Images compliments of Canadian House and Home, brownturtlenecksweater.typepad.com, Patricia Gray, Christopher Peacock

10 comments:

Design Actually said...

I have a bit of mirror obsession myself, every room should have at least one! I'm absolutely loving the all-white bathroom with all of the windows over the tub, hopefully there aren't any neighbors too close by:)

Starfish and Sundresses said...

I've been on the hunt for the perfect mirror for my apartment. These images are great inspiration!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I love using oversized mirrors leaning them against a wall... living in San Francisco I always make sure they are secured to the wall too!!

ashlina said...

amen sistah! mirrors are all over my house, every girl has gotta make sure everything is in place.
i love the one with the zebra on the frame....thats exoticly modern.
i ALSO think the floorlength gold one is TO DIE FOR!

Patricia Gray said...

I love the round-up of mirrors you have shown and I can only imagine that you look beautiful whenever you pass by one!
Regards
Patricia

Padgett Hoke said...

Big mirrors are so fantastic, you are totally correct!

LindsB said...

I do the same thing when I leave the house..I mean you have to make sure a big booger is not in my nose :)

Emily said...

I LOVE a big mirror on the floor in a bedroom....so great. I agree though, have to just stop while you're walking by, right?

Design Wanna-be said...

And if the angle is just right, it can make you look thinner too!

Vanessa said...

Love the simple designs. Especially love the giant mirrors.

Love
Vanessa

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!