Friday, February 26, 2010

Black Walls

We just love these interiors. They are clean and crisp in their design. There are so some with the wow factor to them. For example the flooring in the Miles Redd kitchen is just spectacular, the great yellow upholstered yellow chair that just pops out from the black walls. We also just love the last image with the simple double mirror and the pull up chair. The question is would you dare to paint your walls black? It sure does make a stamement to a room design. Have a wonderful weekend!

*Images compliments of Canadian House and Home, thefunkyrooster.wordpress.com, bellemaison23.com, Miles Redd

11 comments:

Fran said...

O, I love black walls! They're so dramatic - love it! This house is too small, but definitely in the next house! Thanks for stopping by!

LindsB said...

I love black kitchen cabinets too, I want to paint mine so bad.

Have a great weekend!

The Goods Design said...

Black walls are SO gorgeous! Love this post!

Emily A. Clark said...

I don't think black walls are as scary as people make them out to be. Love these inspiration pics!

Cristin said...

Miles pulls off this look amazingly. Takes guts I tell ya!

xo,
cristin

Kristin said...

I so would never have the nerve to go black...but WOW does it look amazing. Certainly gives me paus!!

Kristin said...

and I meant...PAUSE. ah ha ha

*Chic Provence* said...

Not for me, never, but they are astonishingly cool when others do them! great photos of rarely done wall treatments!

Averill said...

I love black -- it's always timeless. I'm just not sure it would work in my house with all of the blue in the rest of it?! Seems rather like pairing black and navy together in a single outfit; almost never good together....

Francine Gardner said...

So thrilled to see your post on black walls...black is such a strong, modern yet soothing color...I love black, and living in New York.....I tend to only wear black

casey at loft and cottage said...

Love the drama of a black room. That last pic with the mirror and the contrast of the chair in front of the black wall is gorgeous. I'm glad I found your site, and so glad you found mine. Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!