Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fireplaces

We are so sorry to be posting on Fireplaces when all anyone wants is SPRING!!!!!!!!!!! But we had some of these uniquely designed fireplaces that we thought would be fun to post on.  The use of ceramics, wood, and large slate stones in these images are so different and fun. The idea of a fireplace in a dining room is so intriguing to us. To entertain with a beautiful crackling fire is just perfect.  The way the planks of wood are used to make the fireplace are just amazing. The large planks that are placed vertically make a great alternative to expensive stone.  Fireplaces add so much to an interior, they are such a gathering area. I remember Thanksgiving on Martha's Vineyard one year where my Grandfather would have all the wood stoves humming away for warmth.  He had a stove or fireplace in every room of the little house. And in the big house he had wonderful coal stoves that had been converted to wood.  It was always the way we heated the houses.  I am going to sit next to my fireplace and stay warm with the snow up here in the north!




Images compliments of: Tina Rowden, Things that Inspire, Sherry Hart, Decorpad

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Fireplaces have come such a long way. That's the one thing I like about newer homes – the amazing fireplaces they have. They are seriously pieces of art.

James | Napoleon Fireplace said...

Even as the last days of February roll around, there is clearly a lot of cold weather left for many of us in this country. when I bought my Napoleon Fireplace last fall I wondered how much use I might get from it. Well, I've used it as my predominant heat source (but I've a small place too.) Cannot imagine living with out a fireplace now!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Ooooh the second image is perfection! I want to be there right now! :)

Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll said...

Beautiful images. I can't wait for spring though. This cold is killing me! Hope you are having a great weekend.

Laura Trevey said...

Fireplace posts are perfect for this cold winter... I am sitting by a nice cozy fire now :)

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!