Monday, February 22, 2010

Mariette Himes Gomez New Book: Apartments

We are so happy to highlight Mariette Himes Gomez's new book Apartments. This wonderful book is the latest book of a series of three books that started with Rooms and then Homes and now Apartments. With this book Mariette shows us how to transform any apartment; even the smallest pied a terre.  There are a number of fun chapters in the book that can give insight into the design elements of the apartment. The chapters are Dark and Light, Family home, White by Design, and Ocean Front Purity. This book is filled with fantastic full color photographic images that will inspire the reader. The book provides practical building, buying, renovating and design tips that will act as a great guide to the design process.
Apartments really is a great tool that compliments Mariette as such a wonderful designer and we are so lucky that she shares all of her wonderful work and knowledge with us in her lovely books.
Apartments is now available at Barnes & Noble and is featured on our Amazon Favorites on our sidebar. 



*Images compliments of: Mariette Himez Gomez, Photographs by Scott Frances

11 comments:

Kirsten Sue said...

Looks like a great read. I need some more design books around my home.

Chic Geek said...

Lovie it! I will have to add it to my list!

Design Esquire said...

It looks great. I love the two images too.

www.CelebrityDigsHQ.com said...

She is an amazing designer. Isn't her daughter also in the biz?

style chronicle said...

looks lovely. will have to check it out!!

Laura Trevey said...

Okay, You got me! I need to check this one out!

The Goods Design said...

Since I LOVE every piece of furniture she has designed for Hickory Chair, I will definitely be checking it out!

Emily said...

Rushing out to pick this one up! probably since I'll be in an apartment for a long time!

Dorothy Rimson said...

The pics looks great. I wish the apartments too are

Style Redux 2 said...

I will definitely get this one.

Laura Holland said...

I am jealous! I have not seen the book yet! Hope to see you on Saturday during market... booksignings with Mariette (Apartments), Thomas O'Brien (American Modern) and Duane Hampton (Mark Hampton-An American Decorator) :)

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!