Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Primrose Kind of Day

This time of year we love to have primroses in the house. They are just so sweet and color full. They add cheer to any room. We love them on a lazy suzan in the kitchen. When purchasing them always look for a tight cluster of buds and the leaves should be very deep green. Always water from the bottom and do not let them sit in water. If the primrose is blooming in Feb they can be planted in the garden in early spring when the ground has thawed. They will bloom again next spring.



6 comments:

Kristin said...

Are they fragrant?

laura said...

Aren't they beauties? Makes me want to plant some by my window!

Haven and Home said...

So pretty, I need some around here.

Rebecca@Harmony and Home said...

These are so pretty. I'm waiting for the weather to get a little warmer before I plant some of these around my house. Love all the colors.

carlee said...

They are lovely. I need to grab some fresh flowers today!

Style Redux 2 said...

I adore auriculas which are in the primrose family.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!