Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Upholstered Head Boards

When Melissa entered her Junior year at Tulane she moved into her very own apartment. She worked so hard to make her new home fun and inviting.  Her bed was the main focus of her design in the apartment. She worked all summer before her junior year to save up for her bed. She looked at Ikea, Target, Ballard Designs, West Elm and Pottery Barn. There were alot of phone calls to me to check out the beds she had found on line and a few trips to Ikea. She was all set on a bed from Ikea but the style she liked did not come in a simple clean white. So she moved on to Target, where she found the perfect one. It was a tufted ultra suade upholstered head board. Perfect! It was white and the ultra suade would be easy to keep clean. It was ordered and excitment mounted on it's expected arrival to Melissa in New Orleans. She waited and waited, checking her tracking number and finally she was told it had been delivered. But wait, Melissa did not have her wonderful new upholstered head board, it had been delivered to the wrong house. So in the pouring rain she drove up and down the streets around her home to find her bed. She called so excited"I found it three streets over!" With a sigh of relief, she put it in her car and drove it home with a huge smile on her face to set up in her new apartment. That was too close a call. 
 An upholstered head board is such a wonderful design element. Here are some wonderful examples that dress up a bedroom.







images compliments of: Kimberly Ayers, Country Living, Atlanta Homes, Elizabeth Dinkel

16 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Great post, and perfect timing for me! I need to purchase either beds or headboards for the two bedrooms in the addition. Great inspiration here :)

Happy Wednesday to you!
xoxo Laura

SogniSorrisi said...

Love embroidered headboards, especially the second to last one!

Lavender and Lilies said...

I love my upholstered headboard. I don't know that I can ever go back.

Emily A. Clark said...

Beautiful pics! Upholstered headboards are my favorite.

Cara said...

I love the first one. I have never really given much thought to upholstered headboards but they are lovely.

lavieboston said...

I am thinking of upholstering my headboard for my apartment next year, too (which is my junior year also). Love these fabric and decor ideas!

Erin said...

So many beautiful examples! (And such a cute story too!)

Kristin said...

Tufted headboards haunt my dreams. Sigh.

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I absolutely LOVE the first headboard with the slightly turned edges.... so stylish.... thanks.

LindsB said...

Thats why I went to the fabric store today- my green headboard needs a little updating. Now to just pick a fabric and I will be all set. Love these examples!

Padgett Hoke said...

I want to make one so very badly!!

Cristin said...

Love that yellow one!

xo,
cristin

ashlina said...

kind of IN LOVE!!!!!!!

Haven and Home said...

I love upholstered headboards, they are my favorite. Thank goodness Melissa found it!

*Chic Provence* said...

I am so in the need of an upholstered headboard for our bed...it's always the last thing on the list at the end of the day..and your post has inspired me to revisit..NOW!!

thanks, girls!

xxx

Kit

Caitlin said...

I'm redoing my master right now and these were just the bit of inspiration I needed.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!