Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Canopy Beds

When my mom was younger, she had the most beautiful canopy bed.  Whenever I went up to my grandmothers house, her room was always the one I wanted to stay in.  It was rare that her beautiful blue room with the big canopy bed was a place I stayed, but I was always in awe of how grand it made the room look.  Now, whenever I see canopy beds, it makes my heart flutter.  They bring such grace and feminism to a room and are always the first thing my eyes go to when I look at a bedroom with this type of bed.

*Images compliments of: Elle Decor, Country Living, Phoebe Howard, Martha Stewart Living

10 comments:

ashlina said...

oh i know the feeling. i wish i had a canopy bed....one day!!!

Laura Trevey said...

I have always thought that canopy beds were so romantic!!

Kristin said...

I always wanted one when I was a little girl! That first one is incredible!

Averill said...

I love a canopy bed, especially when it's unadorned of fabric -- very architectural and striking.

LindsB said...

They are really pretty- I think they would be perfect for a little girls room just like your mom had.

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

I LOVE the first canopy with the scalloped trim!!

AB HOME Interiors said...

Oh what great beds. Canopy beds have so much glamour to them!

Cristin said...

I love canopy beds and also wrote a post about them. But, you have selected some images I haven't seen. This is a lovely post.

xo,
cristin

*Chic Provence* said...

I love the first one the most, thanks for lovely images!

Kit

Emily A. Clark said...

I finally got my canopy bed when we moved into this house and love it. I love the really simple ones with sleek lines.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!