Monday, March 22, 2010

Inspirational Office Spaces

Last year, I bought a desk from Ikea and drove it down, along with a lot of other things from CT to New Orleans.  I set up my desk in my apartment but it was just a desk and a chair.  I had a few things on the desk, but for the most part it never got used.  When I moved into my house, shared with three other girls for my senior year, I moved into the smallest room of the house.  My desk (in a small corner of my very small room) has now become a place for clothing, handbags, papers and other nick nacks that take over the whole thing.  Whenever I see pictures of home offices, I become extremely jealous of the space and organization of the individuals who posses these beautiful work areas.  Whenever I am cleaning my room, I tell myself, this will be the week I start using my desk and I actually start to get work done here.  Alas, this never happens...but I know someday, I will get my act together and make a special space for myself with fun prints, comfortable chair, great lamp and an inspiration board!
Fun Print

Inspiration Board

A Comfy Chair

A Great Lamp
Robert Abbey




*Images Compliments of: Mary McGee, Jan Showers, Mary Mcdonald

22 comments:

sarah, flourish design + style said...

Very inspiration spaces!! Great hints of pink! xo

Lavender and Lilies said...

I love the gray chair and desk with the gray zebra print curtains!

Karena said...

I love to see others work and inspiration spaces!! (Especially the ones that include works of art!)

Karena
Art by Karena

Marija said...

Terrificly stylish spaces! I love that they are not all huge rooms with dynamite built-ins. I always get a little frustrated when I see office spaces that are as big as Chicago condos - or maybe it's more "envious" than frustrated! Marija

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

Nothing nicer than an inspiring work space. :)

Emily said...

LOVE that pink lamp. Such inspiration in these office images!

LindsB said...

I wish I had a large space for my own real office- all of these are beautiful inspiration photos!

LindsB said...

I wish I had a large space for my own real office- all of these are beautiful inspiration photos!

Laura Trevey said...

I have that white saw horse desk with the glass top!! I love it...

I will be sure to send you a pic of the art studio when its completed!!

I love the pink and green space as well.

Lacquered Life said...

I love how we seem to always be on the same wavelength! Great inspiration, I did a DIY project with my desk over the wknd! Stop by and check it out!

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Love all these rooms! My own included! : ) It's my Happy Space. And totally worth the time I put into it considering how many hours I sit here a day...

You'll get yours together! Love what you have so far - that pink and grey scheme.

Thanks for including me! I feel so honored to be included with all those beautiful rooms!

Cheers,
Alaina

The Zhush said...

These are all such great spaces, really loving the gray one especially!

Padgett Hoke said...

So many of those photos just went into my inspiration file - great collection!

Averill said...

I definitely share your envy of these spaces -- my office is also in a state of incompletion...someday though, I'll have an office like these...as God as my witness. :)

Cristin said...

Love your inspiration! The lamp is beautiful.

xo,
cristin

Starfish and Sundresses said...

Totally sharing your office envy. I can't wait till I have space for an office! xx

Hamptontoes said...

I love every photo...some inspiration in all of them!

Sweet Nothings said...

ive been looking for that gray zebra curtain fabric for ever

Style Redux 2 said...

The Mary McDonald office is my all time favorite.

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

These are all such great pics! And the Keep Calm and Carry On poster seems to be common in over-the-desk inspiration.. Ha I could use one myself!

xoox
-julie

Jen of Made By Girl said...

Great desk spaces...thank you for including mine too! :))

passport in my pocket said...

these are gorgeous... since I work from home, I'm always looking for ways to improve the look/feel/function of my home office and desk space. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!