Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jeffery Bilhuber on Nantucket

Jeffrey Bilhubers Rose Cottage is a renovated 1920 summer home on the Island of Nantucket. How charming is the exterior of this cottage? With the trellis ladders on the roofing and the sweet pink roses up the sides of the cottage climbing onto the roof. The white cedar shakes have turned that lovely shade of wearthered grey. We found this adorable house on the blog Pink to Green, she has the most  wonderful taste. It is from an Architectural Digest  featuring this adorable cottage. Wow you just do not get more quintessential Nantucket then this. The Islands of Nantucket and the Vineyard are on our list of all time favorites. We just cannot get enough of the smell of salt water, the feel of warm sand between our toes, the wonderful clam chowder, grey shingles and climbing roses. We all have extremely strong memories stored away from these fabulous Islands that are always stirred the minute we step on the ferry and start the journey over to the Islands.






Images compliments: Pink to Green, Architectural Digest

24 comments:

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Oh my goodness I just died and went to heaven. This very well may be my dream house and it would figure---Jeffrey Bilhuber is a genius as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for sharing! XO Katie

LindsB said...

Love everything about Nantucket, its such a lovely place to visit!

Starfish and Sundresses said...

Ohh how this makes me miss home! Can't wait for summer and my annual trip to Nantucket! xx

JMW said...

What an adorable cottage! And, he's made the best use of space.

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

I absolutely love this place. How great would it be to spend a weekend there? Thanks for sharing!

Averill said...

I love, love LOVE how that sunroom looks. Perfection.

Shari @ little blue deer said...

Hi! Thank you for following me! Oh, I love, love, love Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Fabulous photos!

teaorwine said...

I had the pleasure of viewing and listening to a presentation given by Mr. Bilhuber over the holidays in Florida. It was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

How is it possible that all of the wonderfulness could fit into one space? It is absolutely beautiful!

The designer as well as the photographer have done wonders! Thanks for sharing!

Cristin said...

Darling! I have always wanted a sunroom.

xo,
cristin

The Zhush said...

Totally and completely obsessed with this cottage, that island and JB's designs in general!

Alicia said...

Charming 'nuff said.

Renae said...

Adorable cottage and GREAT decor!
xx

Kristin said...

What an absolutely charming cottage. I adore the bedroom!

Lilla Kullan ♥ said...

Lovely! I like that.:-) Stina

Martha said...

A lovely cottage.

SogniSorrisi said...

What a gorgeous place!

Left you something on my blog: http://sognisorrisi.blogspot.com/2010/03/thank-you-thank-you.html

Emily said...

Wishing I could run away to this little house right now. It's small but honestly, who needs more??

Lacquered Life said...

Ladies, thank you so much for sharing! What a fabulous place, for some reason I have such an affinity for things that are little ... they are sooo cozy!

Fran said...

So adorable! It doesn't get much better than that. I love the vanity with the mirror hung in front of the windows. Brilliant!

Beatriz said...

Great colors for this space! So fitting and clean and it doesn't overpower the space at all. Lovely!

Beatriz.
thatgirlinpearls.com

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

Oh this cottage is to die for!! So cute! And what a lovely color palette for this space. It reminds me of a grown-up play house (expect probably a touch more expensive.)ha

xoxo
-julie

Pink to Green said...

This home is so charming it only makes me more excited for a trip to Nantucket. My family is going to staying on Martha's Vineyard (for the first time, suggestions welcome) this summer and I may have to hop over.

dreaming in pink and green said...

absolute heaven!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!