Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Books

   We were so excited when we read Grant Gibson's post on new and exciting books debuting on the design scene.  Our blood started pumping when we saw Joe Nye's new book Flair on Grants post.  Just the cover of the book is gorgeous with the table cloth and the black crystal wine glass and black bamboo flatwear and that gorgeous Chinoiserie china. Yum! How does he do it?
  American Modern by Thomas O'Brien is another book we have been waiting for ever since we met and interiewed Mr. O'brien last year at High Point.  We were given a sneak preview of this wonderful American classic designer's new book. We love everything about this book that also starts with its handsome tailored book jacket..
  Also new on the design book "must haves" is The Home With in Us by Bobby McAlpine. Which is a collection of romantic and evocative rooms and houses.
   Rooms to Inspire by Ann Kelly and her photographer husband Tim Street-Porter came out when I was working for Lillian August in Greenwich CT.  It was just my kind of design book and I used it as a reference and guide in designing rooms and houses.  Their next book Rooms to Inspire in the Country will go down as an all time favorite that I first spotted at Dovecote in Westport CT.   Now Ann Kelly has written another book in her Inspiring collection. Rooms to Inspire in the City looks like it will find a place on our bookshelf.
   Hope everyone is having a great weekend!




Images Compliments of: *Amazon

10 comments:

Anna Liesemeyer said...

thanks so much for your feedback!
and I am so intrigued by these books now!

Dayka (Life +Style) said...

american modern is next up on my list!

Laura Trevey said...

Some great ones to check out :)

sketch42 said...

Exciting! I am giving away a copy of Equestrian Style as well as some other horsey goodies... Be sure to check it out!

http://sketch42blog.com/2010/03/awesome-equestrian-free-stuff/

Marija said...

I would love to see your review of Rooms to Inspire in the City. Seems terrific! Marija

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Ohh I am dying to get my hands on a copy of Flair!!
XO Katie

SogniSorrisi said...

These look very interesting!

LindsB said...

I would like one of each right now to keep me entertained on this yucky rainy day- that would be nice :)

Padgett Hoke said...

ohh, thanks for the suggestions - I never know which design books to get, so any recommendation is fabulous!

Design Actually said...

They all look fantastic, I'm especially excited about Flair!!! Thanks for sharing:)

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!