Saturday, March 27, 2010

NYC Bound

For spring break this year, I am headed to the big city of NYC.  I am so excited because I haven't been home since Christmas.  I hope I have beautiful weather, although I imagine it will not be as nice as New Orleans.  I hope to visit a lot of fun stores and maybe do some bead shopping (to see some cute necklaces go to EverythingLEB blog who has recently starting making jewelry.) I will then be headed up to our house in NH to spend Easter with the family.  I am going to hiking with the dogs and enjoying the spring weather.

If anyone has any favorites activities or shops in NYC, I would love to hear your suggestions. Whenever I am in the city I feel like I take the train in and then only do the one thing for the intended reason of going into the city.  But this visit, I want to take my time and enjoy being in New York.  I want to wander around and explore the city I seldom visit. 

*Images compliments of Live Creating Yourself, Chic Coles

13 comments:

Cristin said...

Have a wonderful visit in NYC! Happy Easter too.

xo,
cristin

Patricia Torres said...

Lucky you!! Have a great time!! and happy Easter!

nicole said...

I have a TON of fun things to do in NYC.... Restaurants, shops.... etc.Im currently working on a post on the best places to eat outside in NYC.

Also- I would definitely hit the MoMA if I were you!

Really, I will give you real tips if you want- email me!

Jane H. said...

Have fun on the trip! I love the pictures you put in your blog. THe first one is so serene.

I started a blog that I think you might like. It combines fashion and giving back to charities. Each week, I will give away 1 designer dress (this week it’s the Pink Adelson Shift from Lilly Pulitzer Spring 2010) to one lucky follower, who raises awareness of the blog's selected charity through various ways such as tweeting about it or commenting with an interesting fact. I am currently also giving away some great Lilly stationary items too. Please check out my blog at www.shop4charity.blogspot.com because doing good is chic!

Kirsten Sue said...

I would check out Caitlin Creer's blog. She just got back from NYC. Let me know what you end up doing. I am hoping to go there this summer.

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I am so envious. Love love love NYC. I really enjoyed the Spotted Pig restaurant (British chef) and the Fatty Crab (Asian street food, but loud).... have a blast.

hana said...

go to chelsea market. make sure you're hungry when you go!

Editor said...

love the last photo

D e g a i n e

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Padgett Hoke said...

Oh, have such a good time! I am very jealous, I love that city so very much! This past visit I tried to do the same thing as you - take the city in, and I had a wonderful time as I know you will too!

Starfish and Sundresses said...

Have the best time!!

Laura Trevey said...

Have fun in NYC!!

Lavender and Lilies said...

Have fun! I am super jealous!

Dayka (Life +Style) said...

you have to spend some time in soho (especially pearl river!) and have lunch at cafeteria--everything is so good! if you venture to brooklyn and love sushi, you have to try kai--only the freshest sushi at a reasonable price. i also love raj mahal in little in india for THE BEST indian food. you see, many of my recommendations are about food! :)

if you're looking for something fun & interesting to do, definitely visit the museum of natural history.

hope you have a great time!

(ooh, and if you eat meat, you absolutely MUST have a grey's papaya dog with coconut champagne!!!! ahh, i miss nyc!)

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!