Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring is here: Bellingrath Gardens

Spring is my favorite time of year.  The sun is shining, it is not too hot and flowers are everywhere!  Last spring, my mom, sister and grandmother came to visit me for Easter and we went to the Grand Hotel in Point Clear Alabama.  It was such a beautiful weekend and I loved having them down with me.  On our way home, we went to the Bellingrath Gardens and Home and took a walking tour as well a boat tour around the gardens and the property.  The Bellingrath family was responsible for bottling Coca-Cola in Alabama in 1903 and Walter Bellingrath was the owner of the property.  After his wife died, he decided to make the property into the garden oasis his wife had always dreamed of.  It is now open to the public.  These picture really do not do these gardens justice, because the gardens are vast and unbelievably beautiful.

March Plantings


Rose Garden Layout



Great Lawn Flowers

Fountain Plaza


The Rockery


*Images compliments of Bellingrath Gardens

11 comments:

Haven and Home said...

Hmmm, sounds like I will have to make a field trip soon.

Kristin said...

How incredibly beautiful!

Cristin said...

Beautiful! Yeah too for Spring.

xo,
cristin

ashlina said...

luuuuuuv the flowers + gardens...
isn't spring amazing?

Tracy F. said...

Love this post! We have a 2nd home on Mobile Bay, down the road from the Grand Hotel. And, of course I love Bellingrath in the Spring. In fact, I'll be there Easter week!

shari @ little blue deer said...

I love the rockery! I had no idea this was in Alabama, wow, thanks!

Laura Trevey said...

Gorgeous!!

Great reminder that I need to get out and plant some more flowers ...

Laura Casey Interiors said...

So pretty! I am so happy that spring is here.

Acanthus and Acorn said...

These are beautiful images, and thanks for the tid bit of history! I spent the weekend spring cleaning..I think we are all so ready!

Great note card ideas....I am here from Holding Court!

SogniSorrisi said...

Beautiful! Spring is my favourite time of year, too.

lavieboston said...

I have spring fever, too!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!