Friday, March 5, 2010

Decorating with Stripes

Decorating with stripes is such a bold statement.We will never forget the blue and white striped rug in the movie" Something's Got to Give". Having a blue and white striped rug is still on our list of fun design elements we would like to have. Cassandra did find a fun striped runner for her apt in San Fran that just makes her hall, it was a find from Ikea. Jane Churchhill has always had wonderful colorways of soft stripes that are great for drapes and bedskirts, pillows that coordinates so beautifully with her other patterned materials and trims. Wallpapers in stripes can also be a nice way to add a little design to your walls. painting stripes are also a wonderful DIY project, on walls and floors. A very fun modern twist is to use horizontal striping on walls and fabric applications to upholstered furniture. The wider the stripe, the better for a more modern feel.
We Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.







*Images Compliments of House Beautiful, Ginger Barber, Stephen Shubel, Tom Stringer, Valerie Smith, Ned Marshall, T.Keller Donovan, Elle Decor

19 comments:

Lacquered Life said...

Hey Ladies! Beautiful post, clearly we are on the same page this week: http://lacqueredlife.blogspot.com/2010/03/seeing-stripes.html

Starfish and Sundresses said...

I love stripes! These are all beautiful photos.

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

I love thick stripes!! Especially all of the rugs. And I know the Ikea rug you're talking about - it always looks great!

Tracy F. said...

Love the stripes! Favorites are blue and white bedroom and yellow and white bathroom. Have a nice weekend.

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oooh that first room is one of my favorites! It's been in my Inspiration File for months. Would love to add stripes in our home ~ possibly even stripes painted on our walls? Great pics :)

Kristin said...

Those striped curtains are just beautiful!

Laura Trevey said...

Love these... that hallway is gorgeous with the black and white flooring!

xoxo Laura

Champagne Taste said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ashlina said...

such beautiful style!

happy weekend ladies.
xo

Linda in AZ * said...

*************** LOVED it all! THANKS!*********

Linda in AZ
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Emily said...

What a gorgeous collection of photos. I have been wanting to put bold stripes in my bathroom as a wallpaper, but I may have to rethink that idea and put them somewhere else!

Padgett Hoke said...

The stripes are so fun! Oh, and Cassandra - my cousin is hosting a trunk show for me at her home in San Fran on the 17th of March - I wanted to send you an invite on the offhand chance you would like to come! If so, send me an email and I will send you the evite (padgetthoke@aol.com)... I hope you will be able to come, I would love to meet one of the chic cole ladies I have grown to like so much!

Lavender and Lilies said...

I love these. I am a little leary of striped walls but these are great.

sketch42 said...

Love this! I did a whole post on Black and White stripes and I recently bought black and white stripe fabric to use as a tablecloth!

Although, my favorite pic in the bunch is of the yellow and white room!

Check it out!
http://sketch42blog.com/2009/03/black-white-stripes-not-just-for-jailbirds/

Hamptontoes said...

I love, love, love stripes and always use them somewhere in a room...even on a small pillow!

Kirsten Sue said...

Love stripes and love those pictures!

annechovie said...

Stripes have a perennial appeal - so classic and clean. Have a great weekend!

VICTORIA said...

What a Great Spaces!Spectacular Photos as well as the Collections of Stripes!Its all Gorgeous!Love it all!So inspiring.Thanks For sharing all of your wonderful resources!

...just another preppy shopaholic said...

I love it all! Fabulous photos!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!