Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fabulous Window Treatments

Where do you start when considering window treatments? Take your cue from existing design elements in your room. When designing the window treatment remember to take into account the architectural features of the window, the molding, how close it is to a wall. You may want to enhance these features or disguise a flaw in the architecture with your window treatment. Our inspiration is simple sophistication. The images below show a simple straight forward approach to window treatment designs. We love a pare down, barely-there window treatment. Panels and romans are our number one choice for the design.


*Images compliments of House Beautiful, Christopher Maya, David Lawrence, Eric Cohler, Kimberly Ayres, Palmer Weiss

10 comments:

Design Esquire said...

I love all these images. My favorites are roman shades and panels too.

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

Great examples of some fab window treatments! :)

C.J. said...

love the panels, I agree with your statement about window coverings. Thanks for the post.

Patty said...

Wow these are all really nice, I like the blue ones best I think they bring in the most natural light.

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I love the steel blue drapes with the white sofa... look at the height of those ceilings... breath-taking.

LindsB said...

I love fun window treatments, I just wish sometimes they weren't so darn expensive :)

Rebecca@Harmony and Home said...

I always like posts on window treatments as that is always a decorative item that I struggle with. Great photos!

Southern Aspirations said...

Great options! I went from (in my younger-pre home days) to likely over-the-top draperies to simple panels. I hated roman blinds, but I've since come to see the light. :-)

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

I'm just so in love with patterned curtains these days {sigh}

Laura Trevey said...

Hopefully these gorgeous photos will inspire me to pick some out for our addition...

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!