Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wrought Iron Glass Doors

We are absolutely in love with wrought iron doors. Don't get us wrong, french doors will always be on the top of our list, so we are a little torn between the two.  If you use the wrought iron door we are not sure you could also us the french doors and vise versa.  You need to stick with one or the other. Here are some of the reasons we are head over heals for the wrought iron door: 1.) The way the frame is almost seamless with the floor and only the thin piece of iron frame.  Because of the thin frame, it does not block the view. 2.) The way that it can be formed to any door size. 3.) The iron color of the frame can be a great grey or black color adding contrast to the interior or exterior of the building. 4.) They can be used throughout a house.  One way we have seen them used is in a ranch style home, giving it an updated and modern appeal. Of course they are classic and can always be found in  Provincial French, Belguim and Flanders designs. We would love to build a barn with wrought iron doors. Dreams are wonderful to have.









Images compliments of: Besty Burnham, Belgian Pearls

15 comments:

Pinecone Camp said...

Just came across your blog - love it.
The blue, in the last image, is so soothing and pretty.
Have a lovely day!

Lavender and Lilies said...

I love that room with the chocolate ceiling.

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Things That Inspire once did a crazy detailed post about these and I've been hooked ever since. They are just stunning. And feel very European in my opinion. Just beautiful!

Alaina

Laura Trevey said...

These are so modern and stylish! Love them!
xoxo Laura

Fran said...

Great post! Honestly, these doors give me the goose bumps! Love Love Love!

ashlina said...

loooooove those especially the last room...

there is an award for you at my blog
http://secretsofdomesticbliss.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-makes-me-happy.html

Padgett Hoke said...

Those are some great photos, and of course I love the doors!

LindsB said...

Love these pictures- the first one is my favorite- I would love that to by my home!

Averill said...

I gotta say, these beat french doors for me!

*Chic Provence* said...

I LOVE the door in the second image, so unexpectedly chic in a kind of rustic/country setting...very wondeful!

great post, I love glass doors of all kinds, and these are great

xxx

Kit

Tracy F . said...

I'm lusting after the coral sconces on either side of the fireplace, in one of the pictures!

Rebecca June said...

I LOVE all of these doors! They add so much with so little at the same time.

xoxo

Rebecca June

The Zhush said...

Never really thought about them before...but now I see I love them too!

carlee said...

I really love the lines in the door, in the last photo!

pk @ Room Remix said...

Great inspiration as always! I LOVE that last room.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!