Monday, April 26, 2010

Post and Beamed Kitchens

There is something about the rustic appeal of hand hewn beams in a house. A lot of these beams have been rescued from old Barns. How amazing to be able give new life to these wonderful old beams. They give such a warm welcoming feel to a kitchen. It is very homey and warm. The kitchens in these images are all very classic with the white cabinets and black granite counter tops which is an all time favorite of  ours.  The beams just give the kitchen a little old world feel and definitely warms it up and gives it a lot personality.


*Images compliments of: Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Amy Morris, Canadian House and Home

15 comments:

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Ooo one of my favorite looks! So beautiful and homey.

Happy Monday, girls!

Alaina

SogniSorrisi said...

These are great. I know my husband especially would love a ceiling like this.

Haven and Home said...

I am pretty sure for as long as I live I will never stop loving beams.

Cristin said...

love that white kitchen of course!

xo,
cristin

ashlina said...

YES! i love the idea of beams in a kitchen...gorgeous.

Beatriz said...

Beams add so much depth and character. The first kitchen is my favorite!! Love.

Beatriz.

Amy R. said...

I like all of them except the third one, it just looks cluttered and unfinished. I like the rustic touch of the beems in all the other pics.

Laura Trevey said...

I am so in love!!! The exposed wood is fabulous... I also love exposed brick in a home as well :)

xoxo Laura

sketch42 said...

Hotness....

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Love the exposed beams, gorgeous.

Averill said...

Big, old beams are great, especially in a white interior. They just add so much character.

Vanessa said...

Love, love, love - except the third image - bit too rustic for me!

Rebecca@Harmony and Home said...

I love a home with a touch of rustic! Nice post!

sarah, flourish design + style said...

oh wow! xx

Leigha said...

Gorgeous! I am such a fool for rustic beams...

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!