Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Amanda Stone Talley

Here at Chic Coles, we are obsessed with Amanda Stone Talley and her amazing artwork. Last summer I worked briefly at her studio on Magazine Street and it was so fun to see her creativity and artwork unfold. Her artwork works well in all interiors and spaces; and the colors she uses are just spectacular. We are friends with her on facebook and it is fun to see all the new paintings she uploads. I am also extremely lucky because I get to look at two large paintings at work every day since we have two paintings at the DesignerSocial showroom. Her blue and gray hues are my favorite paintings and it is so interesting to see her inspiration and where she comes up with ideas for her paintings. You can see more about her paintings; both recent and past works at her website; Amandatalley.com or visit her blog- The Big Easy Life about her musings and experiences of life as an artist in New Orleans. 









*Images compliments of Chic Coles and Amanda Talley

10 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Seeing the art in a room setting really brings it to life. Gorgeous!

Leovi said...

Beautiful designs.

Twist of Lime said...

I am not usually one for abstracts, but I am very attracted to these...Thanks for sharing!

Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll said...

Love Amanda too. She is such a talent.

JMW said...

Love her work! So glad you featured this artist - will have to learn more about her. :)

bricarwaller said...

Beautiful work. Love that you featured her work!

Amanda Stone Talley said...

Melissa! You have to come by an visit soon! I miss you and I want to hear about your new job and all! Thanks for the post!

The Gimlet Eye said...

One of my prized possessions is my AT painting! They are becoming a standard part of Nola life and design! I love it.

Megan said...

So, so beautiful... how lucky to have a glimps into the creativity. Love her work!

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Her work is fantastic, and it's so great she's getting a lot of great press, lately. I'm heading to "friend" her on FB now, just to see the sneak peeks!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!