Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Less and More according to Mariette Himes Gomez

I was reading through Mariette Himes Gomez's book "Rooms" as I often do when I am in need of a little inspiration and I came upon something that I have read about a few times, a section of her book called Less and More.
Here is what she says:

Less
Simple, Spare: white rooms
Controlled: shaker furniture
Quiet: linen slipcovers, muslin curtains
Unadorned: hand-loomed rug
Restrained Scale: iron lantern
Easy: pine planks

More
Complex, Full: dark walls
Spontaneous: Italian Furniture
Animated:  chintz upholstery, silk draperies
Embellished: Persian carpet
Dramatic Scale: Venetian glass chandelier
Grand: Mosaic Floor


Less

*Simple*

*Controlled*

*Quiet*

*Unadorned*

*Restrained Scale*

*Easy*

More

*Complex*

*Spontaneous*

*Animated*

*Embellished*

*Dramatic Scale*

*Grand*

5 comments:

Padgett Hoke said...

so many of those rooms I love! I think the first though, seeing as it is really summer now, is my fav!

Averill said...

Go figure but I definitely like all the MORE so much better. :D

Design Actually said...

Lovely post, I'm actually drawn to some of the "less" rooms, which is surprising.

Be sure to enter the Fancify headband giveaway I'm hosting on my blog today!

Victoria said...

Fabulous! The interior is exactly chic, an efortless chic but with a lot of style and impressive designs.perfect in every details.You have a great blog.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I met her in High Point and she is wonderful. One of my true icons.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!