Saturday, June 26, 2010

Zuni Restaurant

While we were in San Francisco, we went to one of the most fun restaurants I have ever been to, Zuni Restaurant. When we walked up, we could smell the wood burning oven and the space was so architecturally unique, I couldn't wait to eat there. On the corner of Market Street in San Francisco, the restaurant is in a triangular space with the most amazing kitchen and bar area. The bar is made up of copper countertops and the bottles of liquor and wine lined up so it is visible from the street. Come with us as we take a tour of the restaurant...

The corner of Market Street
View of bottles from the street
Wood burning oven
Light fixture designed by owner of Zuni Restaurant

Oyster Bar 
Fresh made bread from the wood burning oven
Copper countertop at the bar

*Images compliments of Chic Coles and Zuni Cafe

7 comments:

Karena said...

Very cool spot, it sounds like a fun time! I Love the lighting.

Come and visit for a Designer Giveaway from Pillow Mint!

Karena
Art by Karena

SogniSorrisi said...

Looks like a great place!

Claudia Juestel / Adeeni said...

Zuni Café has been around for over 30 years, and it is one of those places that has endured in San Francisco, which has a very fickle audience when it comes to restaurant. Zuni Café is a perfect example of consistently good food being the basis for a successful restaurant.

I hope you tried their amazing roasted chicken with bread salad, which is also in their cookbook. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0393020436/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Cheers,

Claudia

Conor Fennessy said...

Welcome to San Francisco!
Great food, great room, and a wonderful San Francisco crowd. Zuni has become the classic innovative California restaurant.
Espresso granita? You must.

Pink to Green said...

Sounds incredible! A wood burning stove and fresh bread would be enough to entice me inside too!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I'm so pleased you went to Zuni.... I first went there in 1992 when I was at a conference in SF from our London office.... now my kids go to the French American Int'l School just around the corner.... I often meet some of the Moms for lunch there before pick up ;o)

Restaurant Marketing Software said...

Great review and descriptions. I felt like I was there with you. Your pictures are amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience. It really makes me want to visit the restaurant. I might if I visit SF.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!