Thursday, August 19, 2010

Architectural Drawings

There is something so incredibly beautiful about hand drafted architectural drawings. An art in itself, it is a technique that is slowly falling away with the invention of CAD and other similar software. As I think about my new apartment (yes we finally found one!), I am envisioning all of the new things I would like to incorporate into our new space! Many of you saw my post on a potential office space, well it seems as though it might come into fruition!!


So I asked our in house architect at work, Phillip Parton, who I have had the pleasure of working with if he would be interested in creating some hand drafted drawings for my new apartment. He was totally flattered and I am so thrilled because his work is beautiful, absolutely stunning! I plan on framing his drawings and hanging them next to my pink poster. Photos to come!






3 comments:

decorative deluxe said...

I love architectural drawings, thanks for posting. I also new a designer who had drawn fabulous neoclassic furniture and framed it ... gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so exciting. You are so lucky. Can wait to see the drawings.

Emily A. Clark said...

I think that's a wonderful idea. I agree, they're really beautiful pieces of part. I recently found one framed at a yard sale (yay!).

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!