Monday, October 18, 2010

Awesome Craigslisty Find

Happy Monday all! We hope you had a great weekend. 

So I'm not sure how many of you know how deep my obsession with Craigslist goes. I think I might have a problem (or maybe it's a gift?), regardless I found a great piece this past Thursday night...


I peruse Craigslist more frequently than I will readily admit, but the more you put into something, the more you get out right? Well,  I found this gem and guess what? It was featured on Apartment Therapy's San Francisco Scavenger! It was a pretty big and welcome surprise because I always love what they feature in this section. If you haven't checked it out before, you've got to!

So readers, here's where you come in. As always I love your opinions!! I want to paint it and am leading towards gold. ANY THOUGHTS?

14 comments:

thingsthatsparkle said...

definitely gold!! its going to look amazing

www.thingsthatsparkeblog.blogspot.com

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

You can't go wrong with gold when it comes to fab mirrors like this! Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of gold--but probably gold leaf--looks richer and "realer":) Have fun!

Jenn & Tom Jorgensen said...

It is screaming gold! What a great find!

Grant K. Gibson said...

Great find!
Craigslist has great things. You just have to look and look and look- but then WOW!
Congrats. Gold would be very nice!

Meet Vanessa said...

Gold rules for a mirror like this! What a great score!

Donna said...

Great mirror!!! love that shape!

daninotes said...

Great find! Definitely gold.

courtneyoutloud said...

Jealousy and Love are the two words that come to mind. The mirror is so awesome!

And I am going to be the naysayer and say maybe you should bronze leaf it. Still get the metallic shimmer but I find bronze more forgiving of a color to integrate into a room if you decide to switch locations.

laura @ so alaurable said...

I got this exact same mirror off of my Craigslist a few months ago for $20 - can't beat it! I went with white to go with where I hung it, but I think white would look awesome!

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

Oh the second I saw this picture I wondered what color you planned on painting this lovely find! Gold would be great, or black,red,or white with gold trim? I can't wait to see a picture of the finished product!

mydesignchic said...

When I first saw it I thought, gold. So definitely gold...great find!!

Anonymous said...

Craigslist is the Best Finds for the best deal... I actually like it just the way it is! Maybe sandpaper it and make it look more worn. I like that look more then gold... that just me =0 Have fun decorating!

Claudia Juestel said...

Very cool find! You never know what people have for sale.

Cheers,

Claudia

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!