Monday, October 11, 2010

Ikea Sale?

Did any of you know that Ikea has sales? Not just a mark down but a real life 50% sale. We made a trip over to Ikea Emeryville this weekend for a few items and right as we were about to check out, there was a large red sign that said Up to 50% off! All of the items were furniture returned that were "damaged" and floor samples. 

On a budget I made a beeline for a lamp I've had my eye on, that was marked down to $20 from $75. Not sure what was wrong with it, because I never really inspected it. Anways, the boyfriend called me over and asked me what I thought about a chair that didn't have a cover on it. It was the type of chair I've had my eye on for quite some time, something large and comfy! And get this, it was half off. All we needed was a new cover. It was too good a deal to pass up!

New Chair in the Living Room
*sorry for the phone camera*

Does anyone know how often Ikea does this or is this a rare and unexpected bit of wonderfulness?

Happy Columbus Day by the by!!!! Hope everyone's enjoying their Monday!

10 comments:

Chesapeake Chic said...

Love the new chair! It looks great with the pillow! Our Ikea here in Maryland has a regular clearance section where things are marked down that have been damaged. Was this in addition to that?? I may have to take a little drive to do some shopping :-)

Jane K. Schott said...

IKEA has a corner near the check out in each store that has mark downs and slightly damaged goods....I always check that first upon arrival. Nice score scavenger!

Karena said...

I know that I wish we had an Ikea in Kansas City!!! Ikea are you listening!? Great finds, lovethe chair.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Design Elements said...

lovely chair!

JMW said...

Ugh, I wish we had an Ikea nearby. What great deals!!

LindsB said...

I dont know since I dont get to an Ikea that often, but I LOVE your new chair- what a great score!

Melissa said...

They always have that sort of deal. That's their "As-Is" section. Every IKEA I've ever been to has this section as its own special room, to the right of the checkout lines, after the Marketplace. Happy hunting!

mydesignchic said...

Great find!! I didn't know IKEA had sales at all so this is great info for me...

Emily A. Clark said...

Great find! I always stop by the as-is section but have never really found anything except for a glass hurricane once :)

aneyefordetail said...

Thank you, everyone, for this update on Ikea! No, I never knew about this section. We're moving a little closer to a store....so I'll check it out. Need some new cabinets for the laundry room!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!