Monday, November 29, 2010

The Beginnings of Holiday Decor

This season has brought around a new found desire to decorate for the holidays. With our very own apartment that is finally feeling like a real home, it's so exciting! There are so many beautiful options out there and I am looking forward to incorporating these great ideas into our home. 
 
We started with a few things such as our first Christmas Tree and this gorgeous bay leaf wreath from the San Francisco Flower Mart!

Our first Christmas Tree
Bay Leaf Wreath
I am loving this idea from Apartment Therapy! Painted branch with little birdies...

I want to have a birthday/holiday party just so that I can incorporate this idea into my decor!

How gorgeous is this arrangement with candles, branches and succulents? I'm loving it!


Anyone else incorporating some great new ideas into their holiday decor?

8 comments:

Patricia Torres said...

aaaww.. the branch and birdie are the cutest!! Happy decorating to you!! :-)

A Delightful Design said...

Ooh--I have been lusting over the bay wreath at Williams Sonoma for years now. I also really like the painted branch idea. Thanks for sharing!

I'm hoping to finish my decorating this week!
abby

2 Hounds Design said...

OMG that arrangement is gorgeous!

I'm inspired by you...time to tidy and get the tree out of it's box. I can't wait to see the lights twinkling at night :)

btw, I found sticks to hang from the (fake) tree which give off the scent of a Douglas Fir. I soooo miss having a real tree but having them up for over a month it's just not feasable.

*bisous*
Dane

JMW said...

What great decorations - best of luck in decorating your new apartment. If you get a chance, be sure to post pics. We spent the weekend decorating as well, but we get a live tree, so that will arrive in a couple of weeks. :)

Donna said...

Ohh, I love those red painted branches!!! Can't wait to see what you do!

Styles 'n Cream said...

I love that last arrangement. Very pretty!

Cristin said...

Love the square wreath and red branch ideas. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Isn't it fun? Just posted about our holiday mantel.

xo,
cristin

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tree. I can not believe all the wonderful christmas decoration designs. The red branch with the bird what a great idea.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!