Thursday, December 2, 2010

DIY: To Paint or Not to Paint?!

Happy Thursday all! 

So...I bought another thing on Craigslist. I know I know! I have a problem, I admit it. I found this dresser for $40 and had to have it. So badly in fact I had Melissa call from New Orleans because my phone was dead. Yeah, serious situation!


It's got some real potential but I'm stuck on which direction to go with it. My first instinct was to go white lacquer with brass hardware....



And then I saw this article of Miles Redd's Project in NYC with this gorgeous piece in New York Mag...


But I'm kind of loving the wood now. Or maybe a combo like Aubrey & Lindsey did for a DIYer on their blog?


I'm having a real dilemma here folks! Any thoughts? 

11 comments:

Jane K. Schott said...

Paint it!

Emily A. Clark said...

I personally love the sleek white look on that style. The bright color route is pretty interesting, though. . .

Megan said...

ooh! i like the white with brass.... but the curvings of the white piece are prettier than the wood dresser you just purchased- which is why i like the white piece. i also like the blue for a pop of color! but don't listen to me- i'm not a decorator.

p.s. i l.o.v.e. buying things on craigslist too! and selling things for that matter.

p.p.s. i just clicked on the link and i like the combo!

Ania said...

I love the white look so I say paint it! Maybe in a high gloss white?

BethanyJoy said...

I say paint it white, maybe with a patterned (fabric) inside. And don't worry I have the SAME problem with Craigslist. I also look at other cities when I'm traveling (and even when I'm not).

JMW said...

I say paint it a high white gloss. What would be really cool, although it may not match your decor, would be a Chinese red with black hardware. But, that would have to reserved for just the right setting and not for the faint of heart!

bamboo said...

Paint it for sure. You could do a high gloss white, black or even a fun color! So many options!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I'm loving the first inspiration picture look for your dresser. Are you keeping the same knobs because they are great! BTW I'm also a Craig's addict.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I saw super slick white! That Miles Redd is so fearless,right?

Anonymous said...

Wallpaper it!! Check out Bryonie Porter for inspiration.
Marisa

Anonymous said...

I would keep the current hardware and do the drawers white and leave top an sides natual (refinished of course)

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!