Friday, December 17, 2010

Vintage 1785 Cottage

How excited we all were to see one of our most favorite designer, architect Barbara Garfield's house featured in Coastal Living. This shingle style cottage is located in Rowayton Conn. It was restored with vintage fixtures and original exposed architectural details. Designer Barbara Garfield stripped the house down to it's bones, uncovering beautiful hand hewn beams, wide plank floors, hand trolled plaster walls all create a cozy warm feel. Also what a beautiful festive Christmas tree. Have a great weekend.

Images Compliments of: Coastal Living, Barbara Garfield

7 comments:

perfectly paisley said...

Oh my gosh I love the books on the ledge. This house is so simply and classic! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

Cassandra C said...

Is that a little Westie I see sitting so cutely on the stairs?! Gorgeous house!

Victoria said...

This home is pure genius simply adore her work. Every project a masterpiece. She will be sorely missed. She moved on to greater projects I am sure in Jan. 2010.

Victoria said...

Garfield will be sorely missed every project a masterpiece. She moved on to even greater endeavors in Jan. of 2010. I had not had the opportunity to see this piece so glad you posted it.

JMW said...

How gorgeous! I love those floors. And I like how the touches of color were added to the child's room.

VICTORIA BELLOW said...

I LOVE the Bedroom,the bed looks grand and those spaces are so Chic and FAB!!!Everything is sooo perfect! Great job.Lovely pictures! Thanks for the inspiration and sharing This wonderful resources!

A Delightful Design said...

Perfect. I would love those yellow dinning chairs for myself!
abby

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!