Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blue Bliss

This month's House Beautiful magazine had page after page of swoon worthy images and beautifully designed interiors. I found myself tearing almost every page from the magazine and had a large stack of images I couldn't wait to scan and share with you all. The magazine highlighted the color pink; there were pink rooms and pink sofas but I found myself drawn to one room that had a majority of blue. Surprised? You shouldn't be, since I have a slight problematic obsession with anything blue.


Everything about this room in Ruthie Sommers home catches my eye. The bright blue faux bamboo seating, the high beam ceilings painted blue, the shell lamps from the Breakers Hotel, the pagoda lantern and the contrast of the lacquered red Coleen & Company console table with the carved elephant heads. This is the epitome of my style and I would love to have a room like this in my house. It is so beachy and yet all the colors work so well together!

7 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE that bright cobalt blue cushion with the bamboo chair!!
xo Laura
www.brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com

JMW said...

Love the touch of blue - makes me long for spring!

Anonymous said...

What a great happy room.I could spend hours in that room.The blue and white striped walls, the red console table and the blue cushions.So clean,so crisp.

Ashley said...

Anything Ruthie Sommers does is perfection in my eyes. This room is no exception!

Anonymous said...

What a great interior.Just so beautiful.

Hilary @ My So-Called Home said...

How funny you did this post about that room in House Beautiful when I just wrapped up a post I wrote about that issue, due to post on Thursday! That room is so stunning especially the pop of red.

MissBliss said...

Wow-- It is very airy and there are many colors you notice here when you look!

I'd never think you could have that many colors and airiness, not a "busy" feel.

Love it!!!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!