Thursday, February 3, 2011

Out with the Old, In with the New!


With the new year I decided it was time I had some "grown up" bedding. The old is a combination of jersey cotton (which I still love don't get me wrong!) and an ikea duvet cover. But said "grown up" bedding usually comes with a larger price tag...that doesn't have to be the case. 

After Christmas, is quite possibly the best time to buy almost anything including bedding! While at home over the holidays my mom convinced me to buy the above John Robshaw fitted sheet (the trellis pattern) and I decided to switch it up and buy the above aqua for the flat sheet to add a bit of contrast. Well with the new sheets came the obvious desire for a duvet cover! It just so happens that William Sonoma Home is having a HUGE sale...which is where I purchased this gorgeous duvet cover in blue. Pictures to come :)

I am so excited! Anyone have any ideas for accent pillows to go with my new bedding?!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bedding is so beautiful.The combination of colors is stunning.

Chic Geek said...

Love Love Love! I covet the Robshaw trellis pattern!

A Delightful Design said...

Very beautiful! You must be so excited. What about adding a little raspberry/green/turquoise flame stitch pillow? A lumbar pillow is always a nice touch. ;-)
abby

Kristin said...

orange... a tangerine, more specifically. I love orange and blue... could be the alma mater. :)

Chic Done Cheap said...

What a great look! I'm always partial to bolster pillows.

-Chic Done Cheap

Simple Dwellings said...

I love the bedding choices! I can't wait to see it all come together. I would maybe choose yellow or orange to add to the bedding. Definitely one of the pillows being a bolster!

Simply Brookes said...

Love your blog. Just discovered it. Thank for the great inspiration.
Oh, and I'm a new follower!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

How exciting! It's beautiful. Finding accent pillows is going to be so fun :)

casey at loft and cottage said...

Ooh, so excited to see how it all comes together. Totally jealous that you are now the owner of John Robshaw bedding!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!