Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cottage Kitchen Inspiration


When designing a cottage kitchen who better to turn to than Martha Stewart for inspiration. We have been working all week with her Kitchen collection at Home Depot. What a wonderful grouping of products she has.We want a cottage feel and she has designed just what we are looking for. The counter top is the only issue we are struggling with. The cabinets will be white, so do we want contrast with dark counters? That may be too formal. Should we try wood or butcher block?, but is that totally custom and going to push the price point of the kitchen up? We are leaning towards a light granite with flexes of black and a hint of green that will pick up the color of the tile in the floor. One thing for sure, this kitchen has to be country and cottage. It is an 1800's house. A warm yellow (but very lite) for the walls is also being considered.

Images compliments of: Martha Stewart

7 comments:

Chesapeake Chic said...

I am really liking the 6th photo-- the mix of the dark with the butcher block. Is that slate? It's a neat combination! Good luck with your decisions!

casey at loft and cottage said...

There's nothing I love more than a {modernized} country kitchen. And am in love with MS kitchens at Home Depot. She knocked it out of the park, of course! Cannot wait to see what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

Loving all of the inspiration images! I'm really liking the open shelving and the subway tiles. I say go with a light direction for the counters. A light kitchen is a happy kitchen!

Cassandra C said...

Wish I was there to help pick out things! I'm with anonymous commenter - go with a light counter - send me the options, I'd love to take a look!

Jenna@simplybonvivant.com said...

That second kitchen in where my heart is! I love the look and feel of that space...kitchens are just the soul of a house don't you think? Thanks for sharing! XO

Cara said...

The painted turquoise floors are amazing! I love the idea of a cottage kitchen with an expected element like turquoise floors.

Simple Dwellings said...

How about a white quartz or marble? I like the photo with the stainless steel island cart! That would be fun to mix in some modern industrial, against all of the cottage. Please show the reveal when finished! :) How fun!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!